A 13 year old boy used some quick thinking to save 2 other children when his new hoverboard burst into flames and nearly burnt down his home.
Hoverboards are all the rage these days despite not being… well, true hoverboards. People love using them, and celebrities do too, including Wiz Khalifa. These things may not be all fun and games, however.
A UK home was engulfed in flames and smoke after a hoverboard caught fire. The fire department from Wyke, Bradford, posted photos of the aforementioned home, which was destroyed in the fire. The disturbing images show charred walls, furniture and belongings.
The hero of the story is 13-year-old Jibril Muhammad Faris, who recognized the danger and led a nine-year-old boy and eight-year-old girl who were also in the house to safety. After getting everyone out of danger, the boy alerted an adult who was elsewhere in the home.
Local fire investigator and station manager Mark Helliwell states that the experience must have been harrowing for the children, saying "This must have been quite a scary experience for them as the fire quickly took hold of the sofa and spread rapidly throughout the living room, which has been left gutted, and the rest of the house is heavily smoke logged."
This is just one of many hoverboard fires. Recently, another major house fire in Australia involved a hoverboard. Furthermore, both universities and various airlines have banned the use of the boards, citing their potential danger.
Maybe it’s time to reassess the popularity of these engaging, yet dangerous people movers. Understandably, Faris — the young boy who saved the others — is calling for hoverboard owners to return them.
“If you've got a [hoverboard] please give it back, it's so dangerous," he warns during an interview with Sky News.
Considering what Faris had to endure, it’s a safe bet he knows what he’s talking about.
Don't Miss: The Best HDR TVs