Amazon launches Amazon Tap, an Alexa-enabled portable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi speaker.
Amazon expanded today the Echo product line up with the Echo Dot and the Amazon Tap. The new Amazon Tap is an Alexa-enabled portable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi speaker that offers rich, full-range sound.
Don't Miss: iPhone 8: Everything You Need to Know
Just tap the microphone button and ask for music, hear the news, search for information, order a pizza, and more with the Alexa Voice Service. Amazon Tap has dual stereo speakers with Dolby processing that provide crisp vocals, extended bass response, and 360° omni-directional audio.
Amazon Tap is available for pre-order today for $129.99 on Amazon.com. The new Alexa enabled gadget will start shipping end of the month.
Amazon Tap features:
- Just tap and ask for music from Prime Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn
- Uses the Alexa Voice Service when connected to Wi-Fi or a mobile hotspot to play music, read the news, provide weather reports, online ordering
- Streams all your music via Bluetooth from your phone or tablet
- Delivers crisp sound powered by Dolby, with dual stereo speakers that provide 360º omni-directional audio
- Provides up to 9 hours of playback
- Always getting smarter and adding new features and skills
- Includes Charging Cradle
Don't Miss: See the first leaked Black Friday 2016 Ad
Amazon Echo is now already a range of devices. The company is going more aggressively into platform expansion. The same thing is happening with the Amazon Dash system. More and more devices connect to the system making it eventually ubiquitous. Amazon's Voice platform Alexa is on a similar path and who is going to stop it. Google, Microsoft and Apple are the closest competitors with their voice assistant systems.