Prince's autopsy was completed on Friday at 1 pm CDT, according to a press release from the Midwest Medical Examiner’s Office.
Buy Now: Sony PlaysStation VR In Stock Here
Nor the press release or the press conference (which is ongoing at the time of press) say what caused the 57-year-old musician to die. His body was released to the family immediately after the completion of the autopsy. The death is still under investigation, though Sheriff Jim Olsen did say that Narcan, the drug used to stop opiate overdoses, was not administered.
The family is said to be cooperative and that they will report "anything relevant to the investigation" to the authorities who are still investigating Prince's death.
It could take weeks until the medical examiner's office will release the full toxicology report.
Prince's autopsy was performed on Friday by Chief Medical Examiner A. Quinn Strobl, the Midwest Medical Examiner's Office announced on Friday.
The star had been battling the flu for several weeks and his private plane even made an emergency landing last week when the icon was rushed to a local hospital.
He was traveling back from his final concert in Atlanta. Though he had previously cancelled a concert, from all reports he was in top form at his April 14th performance.
"There was a tiny bit of gravel in his voice from time to time, but that was the only indication that he'd felt ill the week before," one concertgoer said. "He left everything on the stage, like he always did."
Don't Miss: The Best HDR TVs
Details will likely trickle out in the next few days, including the results of a search warrant that was extended to Paisley Park, Prince's primary home.