Madonna wins the custody battle for son Rocco as he returns to New York from his father Guy Ritchie’s house in England.
The Princess of Pop has won the custody battle of her son, Rocco from her ex-husband Guy Ritchie. It appears though as there is no confirmation about a court order.
Don't Miss: iPhone 8: Everything You Need to Know
There was a scheduled appearance for both Madonna and Ritchie on Wednesday. The matter however seems absolved with further decision from the court still pending.
Rocco, the couple’s son who has been the reason of the custody battle was spotted in Manhattan with some friends. He was grabbing some coffee before he headed home, according to People.
The youngster had traveled to London last year during the holidays to stay with his father and his family. Madonna asked him to return to Manhattan to celebrate Christmas. Rocco refused saying that he would stay in London.
Madonna then filed an order in London asking that Rocco return to New York City under child abduction laws. A judge ruled that Rocco must return to the United States. The order included that Rocco returned by the following month to abide by the custody agreement.
However, Ritchie's attorney Eric Buckley told Justice Deborah Kaplan that Rocco had expressed very clearly that he does not want to return to New York.
High Court Judge Alistair MacDonald gave a ruling which allowed Madonna to recede her U.K. proceedings. The MacDonald added that the parents should consider that Rocco was growing up. He said that his childhood should not be taken over by the dispute. He then gave Rocco his passport to make trips to his mother.
Reportedly, Rocco was accompanying Madonna her tour. They had a lot of fights and shouting matches. According to sources, Rocco felt like he was not getting enough time with his mother. He prefers to stay with his father but Madonna wants to retain custody of her four children.