Sweden's camera maker Hasselblad surprises with a 50MP mirrorless camera.
The Hasselblad X1D weighs less than half that of a conventional digital medium format camera. The handmade, already iconic looking camera, has no mirrors and a dazzling 50MP resolution.
Don't Miss: The Best HDR TVs
Like the Hasselblad V System, the X1D seamlessly combines portability with high-end optical quality for which the brand is renowned. Hasselblad has introduced mirrorless technology to digital medium format for the first time ever, creating a precision performance camera that can sit in the palm of your hand. The 50MP CMOS sensor captures the finest details with true natural colors.
Perry Oosting, Hasselblad CEO says: “The X1D marks a pivotal point in Hasselblad’s rich 75-year history. This camera makes medium format photography available to a new generation of Hasselblad users, while pushing the existing limits of photography to new heights.”
A completely new family of dedicated autofocus lenses has been developed to support optical quality and portability, offering a wide range of shutter speeds and full flash synchronization up to 1/2000th second.
Weighing just 725g and including HD video, Wi-Fi and built-in GPS, the X1D is a trusted partner and ideal travel companion. The robust exterior is dust and weather proof, providing durability to take with you wherever you go.
The Hasselblad X1D has been created with passionate photographers in mind, opening up Hasselblad to a new generation of creatives. Ideal for those who want to create the highest quality medium format images with a straightforward and easy to use camera that can fit in the palm of your hand.
The X1D Key features include:
- Compact, lightweight (725g), highly portable and user-friendly medium format technology
- Large 50MP CMOS medium format sensor delivering up to 14 stops of dynamic range
- New line of XCD lenses with integral central shutter; 45mm and 90mm available at launch
- Compatible with all 12 lenses and lens accessories from the Hasselblad professional H System (adapter required)
- Multiple image format options
- High quality XGA electronic viewfinder or high resolution rear display with touch functionality
- Wide range of shutter speeds: 60 minutes to 1/2000th sec. with full flash synchronization throughout the range
- An ISO range from 100 to 25,600
- Dual SD card slots, GPS and Wi-Fi
- USB 3.0 Type-C connector, Mini HDMI, Audio In/Out
- Weather and dust sealings
- HD video
- Phocus 3.1 for simple and quick raw image processing. Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Photoshop Lightroom compatible.
The Hasselblad X1D is priced at 7,900 EUR / 8,995 USD / 5,990 GBP. All prices stated are exclusive of VAT. At $9,000, the X1D is only affordable for a few photography enthusiasts, but the price is surprisingly low for what you got.
Don't Miss: The Best HDR TVs
Founded in 1941, Hasselblad is a manufacturer of medium format cameras and lenses. Handmade in Sweden, Hasselblad cameras are renowned for their iconic ergonomic design, uncompromising image quality, Swedish craftsmanship and high performance.