As anticipated, Prime Day 2016 is biggest day ever for Amazon.
Amazon announced that Prime Day 2016 on July 12 was the biggest day ever for Amazon. This is no surprise as Amazon made scoring deals very easy by incredible deep inventories, creating a relaxed atmosphere of bagging deals for consumers. This year's Prime Day experience was in stark difference to last year where deals where a nightmare to get.
Don't Miss: Incredible Pokemon Gifts
There was only a short period in the morning when the load was knocking the Amazon shopping cart off its track. Amazon fixed the issue with adding items to the shopping cart and checkout under an hour. There have not been anymore server issues later during Prime Day 2016.
Customer orders surpassed Prime Day 2015 by more than 60% worldwide and more than 50% in the U.S. It was also the biggest day ever for Amazon devices globally and record Prime Day for each Amazon device category including Fire TV, Fire tablets, Kindle e-readers and Alexa-enabled devices. Prime Day was a great savings day too – members globally saved more than double on deals over Prime Day 2015.
“Prime itself is the best deal in the history of shopping, and Prime Day was created as a special benefit exclusively for our Prime members,” said Greg Greeley, Vice President, Amazon Prime. “We want to thank our tens of millions of members around the world for making this the biggest day in the history of Amazon. We hope you had as much fun as we did. After yesterday’s results, we’ll definitely be doing this again.”
Amazon sold a staggering 90,000 TVs on Prime Day 2016. Several hundreds of thousands of Kindle e-readers sold on Prime Day around the world. The Fire Stick was the best-selling Prime Day item.
Find more key performance indicators of Amazon Prime Day 2016 below.
Prime Day 2016 highlights globally:
· Sold over 2.5x more Amazon Fire TV devices compared to Prime Day last year – Fire TV Stick was the best-selling Amazon device.
· More than two million toys and more than one million pairs of shoes were purchased by customers on Prime Day 2016.
· More than 90,000 TVs were purchased on Prime Day 2016.
· Hundreds of thousands of Kindle e-readers sold on Prime Day.
· Prime member orders on the Amazon app surpassed Prime Day 2015 mobile app orders by more than 2x.
· More than a million customers used the Amazon app for the first time on Prime Day to shop and to watch-a-deal.
· The Prime Photos sweepstakes had two million submissions worldwide during the lead-up to Prime Day, the winner will be randomly selected on or about July 14.
Prime Day 2016 highlights from the U.S.:
· Amazon devices were up over 3x compared to Prime Day last year.
· Biggest day ever for Amazon Echo – up over 2.5x compared to previous record day.
· The most popular Amazon Dash Button brands purchased on Prime Day were Cascade, Charmin and Tide.
· Members purchased over 215,000 Instant Pot 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Pressure Cookers.
· Members purchased over 200,000 headphones.
· Members purchased over 24,000 Double Hammocks by Vivere.
· Members purchased over 23,000 iRobot Roomba 614 Vacuum Cleaning Robots.
· Members purchased over 14,000 Lenovo laptops.
· Members purchased on average one Alexa-exclusive deal per second during Prime Day using their voice.
Prime Day 2016 Best-seller:
· Fire TV Stick was Amazon’s best-selling device globally
· U.S.: Instant Pot 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker
· UK: Oral-B Pro 6000 CrossAction Electric Toothbrush with Bluetooth Connectivity and Smart Series
· Spain: SanDisk USB memory stick
· Japan: Calbee Breakfast Cereal 800 grams
· Italy: Lexar JumpDrive
· Germany and Austria: Tefal Jamie Oliver Frying Pan
· France and Belgium: Game of Thrones DVD – season 1 to 4
· Canada: Sennheiser HD 598 Special-Edition Over-Ear Headphones
If you missed a deal on Prime Day, Walmart is offering matching deals all week.
Buy Now: Sony PlaysStation VR In Stock Here