These ten cars were stolen most of the time in America in the year 2015.
The auto thefts have been controlled to a great extent in the past few years. However there are still certain cases in which the thieves are successful in stealing the cars of a common American citizen.
Don't Miss: iPhone 8: Everything You Need to Know
Many of these cars are retrieved after a few days due to the hard work being put into the cases by National Insurance Crime Bureau and local police. However NICB recently generated a list according to which there are certain cars whose probability of getting stolen is pretty high then others.
NCIB also gave a set of four rules to avoid theft along with the stats. According to NCIB, the best thing that you can do easily is to lock your car and take your keys with you. Otherwise the chances of getting it stolen increase.
Warning devices like that of visible alarms can put off thieves. Immobilizing devices such as kill switches and fuel-cut offs are also great devices to keep your car safe. Other than that you can always go for tracking devices to make sure that your car is safe.
1. 1996 Honda Accord is the most stolen car in America. A total of 52,244 cars were stolen from different parts of country. Honda Accord Celebrated its 40th birthday which means that its sales are going good along with the theft.
2. 1998 Honda Civic is the second most stolen ca. A total of 49,430 1998 Honda Civics were stolen in the year 2015.
3. 2006 Ford Pickup is the third most stolen car. A total of 29,396 vehicles were stolen from U.S citizens.
4. 2004 Chevrolet Pickup with 27,771 stolen units.
5. 2015 Toyota Camry with 15,466 units stolen.
6. 2001 Dodge pickup with 11,212 stolen units.
7. 2014 Toyota Corolla with 10,547 units.
8. 2015 Nissan Altima with 10,374 stolen vehicles.
9. 2002 Dodge Caravan with 9,798 stolen units.
Don't Miss: Nintendo Switch: Everything You Need To Know
10. 2008 Chevrolet Impala with 9,225 stolen units.