Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Explodes In Hotel Room In Australia

Posted: Sep 6 2016, 1:51am CDT | by , in News | Technology News


Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Explodes in Hotel Room in Australia
Photo Credit: Crushader

Australia has its first case of an exploding Note 7.

An Australian had a scary morning yesterday waking up to an exploding Samsung Galaxy Note 7. This is the first report of an Note7 catching fire in Australia. A Melbourne man on a business trip in Perth details how his brand new Note 7 exploded while charging in his hotel room causing damage to the room to the note of $1,800 AUD (~$1,400) on reddit.

The exploding Note 7 has charred the hotel room bed sheet and the carpet. The guy burned his finger when he whacked the smartphone down to the floor. 

Samsung has according to the redditor agreed to pay for the damages. This incident might have triggered Samsung Australia to announce an official recall of all sold 51,060 Samsung Galaxy Note 7

This reddit report of the exploding Galaxy Note 7 is very likely legit as the poster provided images of the damaged Note 7 and the burnt hotel room carpet and bed.

The take away is, even if the likelihood that you own a Note7 with a bad battery is very slim, it can happen to you. Samsung said only 24 out of 1 million Note7 suffer from the faulty battery cell. The Australian really had bad luck as the lot sold in Australia is only 50,000.

For details on how to get your Note7 exchanged in the US refer to this Note7 recall guide.

You May Like


The Author

<a href="/latest_stories/all/all/2" rel="author">Luigi Lugmayr</a>
Luigi Lugmayr () is the founding chief Editor of I4U News and brings over 15 years experience in the technology field to the ever evolving and exciting world of gadgets. He started I4U News back in 2000 and evolved it into vibrant technology magazine.
Luigi can be contacted directly at




Leave a Comment

Share this Story

Follow Us
Follow I4U News on Twitter
Follow I4U News on Facebook

You Also Like


Read the Latest from I4U News