Billy Bush has been suspended by NBC following the revelation of a previous lewd conversation with Donald Trump is made.
You are most often known for the company you keep, to the person to speak to and face the consequences of being with them in general. Something of that kind is currently happening to Billy Bush of the Today Show.
Don't Miss: The Best HDR TVs
The 44 years old TV host came under a lot of unprecedented attention after Washington Post released a video recorded in 2005 between Billy and Donald Trump.
The video was shot outside a vanity van on the set of Access Hollywood where Billy co-hosted the show with Nancy O’Dell. The video was shot in 2005. In the video, Billy and Trump are talking on hot mic and there conversation mainly consisted of lewd and vulgar comments about women.
This was the time when Trump had recently married Melania Trump. The men can be heard making sexual commentary on the women around them. One of the main targets of the conversation is Nancy O’Dell.
While Bush was scheduled to appear on the Today show this Monday, the show got an email from NBC that they were suspending him, according to E!. There was also a forewarning about a full investigation into the whole business. There was no notice given about his return or re-appearance.
Billy Bush released his own formal apology saying that he was ashamed and embarrassed about the video. According to NYTimes, he said that he had been young and immature to say those things. Trump also released a formal statement about the video saying that it was locker room banter that happened a long time ago.
Don't Miss: Sam's Club Black Friday 2016 Details
O’Dell spoke out about the video as well saying that she was saddened that such comments about women still exist. She said that every woman and human deserved to be respected and should not be spoken against on and off camera.