Asus released details about the SLI gaming notebook G70 that Asus previewed at the CES 2008.
The Asus G70 features what Asus calls a Multi Dual-Engine architecture. What that means is that Asus doubled major system components, including dual graphics engine, dual hard drive bays and dual fan systems to design an extreme powerful gaming notebook.
The Asus G70 two independent Nvidia 8700M GT graphics engines operating in parallel via SLI technology. The graphics system has 1024MB GDDR3 memory available.
The G70 has enough drive bays to accommodate two hard disks, for a combined mass storage capacity up to 640GB.
The Asus G70 gaming notebook is equipped with a 17" WUXGA (1920x1200) Full HD display with 8ms response time.
Powering the G70, is a choice of Intel Core 2 Duo, and Core 2 Extreme processors, the latter being Intel’s highest performance CPUs.
Complete Asus G70 Specifications:
How To: Buy a Pokemon Go Plus
Don't Miss: Sam's Club Black Friday 2016 Details
- Intel® Centrino® Duo Processor Technology
- Intel® Core™2 Extreme Processors X9000; Intel® Core™2 Duo Processors T8100/T8300/T9300/T9500
- Mobile Intel® 965PM Express Chipset
- Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG/ 4965ABGN Network Connection
- Genuine Windows® Vista™
- Genuine Home Premium
- Genuine Ultimate
- Nvdia GeForce 8700M GT GPU X 2, support Nvdia Sli technology, External 1024MB VRAM (512MB X 2); GDDR3 1024MB
- DDRII 533/667MHz, up to 4GB
- 17.0" WUXGA/ WXGA+ Color Shine, quick-response time, LCD
- SATA 250/320/500(250x2)/640(320x2) GB HDD
- DVD Super-Multi Light Scribe/ Blu-Ray Reader/ Blu-Ray RW (optional)
- Built-in 2.0 Mega-pixel camera
- 10/100/1000, 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth V2.0+EDR (optional)
- 433 x 314 x 49mm, 4.8 kg (8cell battery pack)
- ASUS Direct Messenger (2nd display)
For some reason the images of the Asus G70 on the announcement page do not display. We will check the page to update the story with the official G70 products shots when they become available.