Sony Ericsson unveils the MD400 and MD400g – the first HSPA USB modems of their kind from Sony Ericsson not only providing high speed broadband but also a combined M2 Memory Stick Micro and a microSD slot brought together in a compact design.
Apart from an built-in antenna, an innovative additional swivel antenna optimizes the performance when in use. When closed, it covers and protects the retractable USB connector.
The MD400g also has a built-in GPS receiver which automatically shows the user’s current location.
You can receive 7.2Mb/s in download and up to 2.0Mb/s in upload speeds.
This means that sending attachments via email such as images or video content can be sent up to five times faster than before.
Feature highlights of the MD400 and MD400g:
Don't Miss: Nintendo Switch: Everything You Need To Know
Don't Miss: Sam's Club Black Friday 2016 Details
- HSPA technology – up to 7.2Mb/s download and 2.0Mb/s upload
- First USB modem with combined M2 Memory Stick Micro™ and microSD™ slot
- In-built antenna complemented with an additional swivel 'Diversity' antenna maximizes reception performance and boosts data transmission
- Innovative mechanical design allows the swivel antenna to also protect the retractable USB connector when the modem is not in use
- USB modem - can be used in any PC, laptop or desktop
- In-built GPS receiver and GPS utility (MD400g) which can link directly in to Google Maps™ and mark current location
- PlayNow shortcut link – just a click away from entertainment
- Auto configuration
The Sony Ericsson MD400 and MD400g HSPA Modems will be globally available Q4 2008.
Via this Sony Ericsson announcement.See also other new Sony Ericsson announcements made today.