MoD Drive Loss Worse Than Expected

Posted: Oct 14 2008, 6:49am CDT | by , Updated: Aug 11 2010, 11:01am CDT, in News | Other Stuff


/* Story Top Left 2010 300x250, created 7/15/10 */ google_ad_slot = "8340327155";
Buy data loss from Amazon Prime Day, Amazon Cyber Monday and Black Friday Now

Yesterday we talked about a hard drive that was lost by MoD contractor EDS containing information on what was believed to be 100,000 armed forces personnel. Today Armed Forces minister bob Ainsworth told parliament that the data loss could be much higher than previously expected.

According to Ainsworth, the drive could contain information on as many as 1.7 million potential armed forces recruits. That number is much higher than the original 100,000 number.

Making matters worse, the drive is said to be unencrypted allowing open access to anyone who has the drive. In January, MoD lost info on 600,000 recruits.

Via Vnunet

You May Like


The Author

<a href="/latest_stories/all/all/3" rel="author">Shane McGlaun</a>
Leading our review center, Shane McGlaun (Google) knows technology inside out. His extensive experience in testing computer hardware and consumer electronics enable him to effectively qualify new products and trends. If you want us review your product, please contact Shane.
Shane can be contacted directly at




Leave a Comment

Share this Story

Follow Us
Follow I4U News on Twitter
Follow I4U News on Facebook

You Also Like


Read the Latest from I4U News