Motorola and Verizon Wireless officially unveiled the highly anticipated Droid Android 2.0 phone today. DROID by Motorola arrives on November 6th on Verizon Wireless.
Droid is the first smartphone powered by Android 2.0 and marks for me the comeback of Motorola. Who knew that they had it in them to be on the cutting edge again like they were back in the day with the RAZR.
Droid will be selling for $199.99 with a new 2-year contract after a $100 mail-in rebate. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
Don't Miss: Incredible Pokemon Gifts
Key features of DROID include:
· World’s thinnest slide-out QWERTY keyboard
· 3G Web and full HTML browser
· Cinematic 3.7” high-resolution display with more than 400,000 pixels
· Powerful and fast Google voice-activated search
· Run up to 6 apps simultaneously and customize the homescreen with thousands of apps and hundreds of widgets from the Android Market
· 5 megapixel camera with flash, DVD-quality video capture and 16GB memory card included
· Integrated work and personal email pushed right to you
· Google Maps Navigation (Beta) with free turn-by-turn directions
Don't Miss: Nintendo Switch: Everything You Need To Know
Verizon launched the Droid Does mini site, that shows off the Droid features.