Earlier today we reported that Skype is bringing Skype on Your TV by partnering with Panasonic and LG.
LG has announced (Korean) an published several photos of their upcoming Skype TV line-up.
The LG Skype integration is part of NetCast and after you have configured your LG Skype TV with your Skype ID you can see who is online and ready to video chat with you.
Don't Miss: Biggest Super Bowl TV Bargain Deals
Beginning this spring, Skype will be available on 26 new LED, LCD and plasma HDTVs planned for 2010. The application takes video calling beyond the computer to the technology at the heart of the home, the television. By purchasing a separate camera with an integrated microphone, consumers can conduct HD video and voice calls by accessing Skype through the NetCast on-screen menu. The new LG HDTVs will also deliver familiar Skype features including:
- Free Skype-to-Skype voice and video calls to other Skype users
- Calls to landline or mobile phones at Skype's low rates
- The option to receive inbound calls via a user's online Skype number
- Skype voicemail, if it is set up
- Being invited to participate in voice conference calls with up to 24 other parties
Skype On Your TV is in HD (720p) and requires 1Mbps symmetrical bandwidth. Skype supports HD now also on PCs.
CES 2010 is here and with it tons of hot product announcements. Stay on top of the huge amount of CES 2010 news and highlights with I4U News. Read all about CES 2010 now. Follow I4U News on Twitter.