RIM today announced the new BlackBerry Pearl 3G, the smallest BlackBerry smartphone yet.
The BlackBerry Pearl 9100 and 9105 measures 4.25" x 1.96" x 0.52" (108mm x 50 mm x 13.3 mm) and weighing only 3.3 oz (93 grams).
The new BlackBerry Pearl 3G smartphone is a marvel of engineering and design excellence. It has support for high-speed 3G (UMTS/HSDPA) networks, Wi-Fi (b/g/n) and GPS along with a powerhouse processor that drives visually stunning images on the sharp, high-resolution display.
It also features an optical trackpad for smooth navigation, dedicated volume and media keys for added convenience, a 3.2MP camera with flash for quality pictures on the go, and support for up to 32GB of personal content.
BlackBerry Pearl 3G features:
Don't Miss: iPhone 8: Everything You Need to Know
Don't Miss: Nintendo Switch: Everything You Need To Know
- Elegant candybar design measuring 4.25" x 1.96" x 0.52" (108mm x 50 mm x 13.3 mm) and weighing only 3.3 oz (93 grams)
- 624 Mhz processor with 256 MB Flash memory
- 360x400 sharp-resolution display (238 ppi)
- Optical trackpad that makes navigation fast and smooth, plus a comfortable keyboard that enables quick and accurate typing
- Media player for videos, pictures and music (music plays up to 30 hours), plus dedicated media keys integrated along top of the handset
- 3.2 MP camera with zoom, autofocus, flash and video recording
- Built-in GPS for location-based applications such as BlackBerry Maps, as well as photo geotagging
- Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n) - first BlackBerry smartphone to support 'n'
- microSD/SDHD memory card slot that supports up to 32 GB cards
- Premium phone features, including voice activated dialing, speakerphone and Bluetooth® (2.1) with support for hands-free headsets, stereo headsets, car kits (including systems that support the emerging Bluetooth Message Access Profile standard) and other Bluetooth accessories
- Access to BlackBerry App World, featuring a broad and growing catalog of mobile applications developed specifically for BlackBerry smartphones
- Support for BlackBerry Media Sync for easily syncing photos as well as iTunes® and Windows Media® Player music with the smartphone
- BlackBerry OS 5
- Support for tri-band UMTS/HSDPA and quad-band EDGE/GPRS/GSM networks
- Removable, rechargeable 1150 mAhr battery that provides approximately 5.5 hours of talk time on 3G networks
The new BlackBerry Pearl 3G smartphone will be available in two models and several colors.
The 9100 model features a 20-key condensed QWERTY keyboard and the 9105 model features a 14-key traditional phone keyboard.
Both models include SureType software that can complete words as the user types, making texting fast and accurate. The BlackBerry Pearl 3G smartphone is expected to launch with various carriers beginning in May.