Apple's Steve Jobs just posted a lengthy message on the Apple site dubbed "Thoughts on Flash."
As you know Apple is not supporting Flash on any of its mobile devices. Steve Jobs wants to explain Apple's stand point so critics may better understand why Apple is against Flash.
Jobs details six reasons against Flash that include:
Don't Miss: The Best HDR TVs
Don't Miss: See the first leaked Black Friday 2016 Ad
- Flash is not open
- Flash is not necessary for the full web
- Flash is not secure, reliable and has performance issues
- Flash is bad for battery life
- Flash is not designed for touch
- Flash is cross platform developer tools and gets in-between Apple's platform and the developer
Steve Jobs concludes that Flash is PC era and not ready for touch enabled mobile era. All in all this statement is a bold blow against Adobe. I wonder how Adobe will react to this. In the meantime this OSNews story is a good read to take not get too lulled in by Steve Jobs' negativity about Flash.
Read Steve Jobs Flash message in full on the Apple site.