Xbox Live man Marc Whitten has written an open letter to Live users talking about everything that's coming to the new update:
- Live ESPN game streaming
- Zune music streaming
- All necessary updates for Kinect
- New family/parental control settings
- A brand new look for the system dashboard
Additionally, a couple new additions were confirmed in Whitten's comments:
- The update will provide Netflix streaming support for Canadian users
- Integration with Kinect's video chat and Windows Live Messenger
The update should begin to be rolled out to all Xbox 360 owners before the launch of Kinect. For now, it's available for users who signed up for a special open preview invite a couple of weeks ago.
"Every year we’ve pushed ourselves to deliver the best games and entertainment, and I’m incredibly proud of my team, and what we’re delivering to Xbox LIVE this fall. Our goal is to continue innovating and delivering experiences that are meaningful to you. So you can enjoy the entertainment you want, with the people you care about, in a simple way. Keep playing, keep sharing, and keep pushing us," wrote Whitten.