Any time there's a high-profile game release, gamers are all over it like hawks stalking their prey. As such, many PS3 owners are finding problems galore with Call of Duty: Black Ops.
Don't Miss: Sam's Club Black Friday 2016 Details
A post on the official Black Ops forum has compiled all the known issues being experienced by PS3 gamers.
The following are all the bugs and glitches being reported:
- Cannot invite friends to join the game
- "Disconnected due to transmission Error" appears after a match
- Mic icons not displaying in game lobby
- "Locale Search" not functioning
- Players respawning too close to enemies
- "Theater" mode not functioning
- Knifing control doesn't work
- Leaderboard information is wrong
- Framerate issues
- Crashing issues
This is clearly not just a handful of users having problems with their gaming setup. These are functional, substantive glitches that developer Treyarch is hopefully looking into.
It should be noted that none of the above problems are being reported with any frequency in regard to the Xbox 360 version of the game. PC gamers are, though, experiencing lag issues in online play as well.
How To: Buy a Pokemon Go Plus
We know Treyarch had a tight deadline for this game to correspond to last year's Modern Warfare 2 launch, but hopefully it didn't skimp on the QA process. It certainly sounds like there are deep problems with the architecture of the PS3 port.