There is no accessory from Apple that allows you to connect your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch via HDMI to your HDTV. Apple only offers a Component AV Cable selling for $49.99. Asian gadget shop Brando is now selling the first iPad and iPhone HDMI adapter. It comes from a company called Noosy and sells for $59.99.
Don't Miss: See the first leaked Black Friday 2016 Ad
Capabilities of the iPad/iPhone HDMI adapter are:
- This HDMI Adapter is compatible with iPad, iPhone 4, iPod touch 4G
- Supports transmiting Video and Audio to HDTV or HDMI device
- Easily plug and play, no need external power supply, no need to jailbreak
- Supports 720p High Definition signal output
- Supports music, videos, movies, MTV, Podcast, Youtube(online), photos etc....
- Supports online video on internet webpage (support QuickTime)
- Supports online FM radio, MP3 (iPhone 4)
- Can output the audio of online games and TV programs
- Does not support the movies that were purchased through iTunes or locked with Apple's Fairplay copy protection scheme
- The HDMI adapter is a small box, not the HDMI cable, very easy to carry anywhere you like
Based on the feature-set it should work as you would expect it to. Note that it does not output DRM protected content you bought via iTunes.
Don't Miss: Sam's Club Black Friday 2016 Details
Buy the Noosy HDMI Adpater on Brando now.