There is no accessory from Apple that allows you to connect your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch via HDMI to your HDTV. Apple only offers a Component AV Cable selling for $49.99. Asian gadget shop Brando is now selling the first iPad and iPhone HDMI adapter. It comes from a company called Noosy and sells for $59.99.
Don't Miss: Win a FREE Nintendo Switch in our Giveaway
Capabilities of the iPad/iPhone HDMI adapter are:
- This HDMI Adapter is compatible with iPad, iPhone 4, iPod touch 4G
- Supports transmiting Video and Audio to HDTV or HDMI device
- Easily plug and play, no need external power supply, no need to jailbreak
- Supports 720p High Definition signal output
- Supports music, videos, movies, MTV, Podcast, Youtube(online), photos etc....
- Supports online video on internet webpage (support QuickTime)
- Supports online FM radio, MP3 (iPhone 4)
- Can output the audio of online games and TV programs
- Does not support the movies that were purchased through iTunes or locked with Apple's Fairplay copy protection scheme
- The HDMI adapter is a small box, not the HDMI cable, very easy to carry anywhere you like
Based on the feature-set it should work as you would expect it to. Note that it does not output DRM protected content you bought via iTunes.
Buy the Noosy HDMI Adpater on Brando now.