Dell is releasing today the new XPS 15 and XPS 17 laptop based on the new Intel Sandy Bridge Chipset and support for the new Huron River Core i3, i5 and i7 CPU options. The Dell XPS 17 comes also as 3D model. On the XPS 17 3D you enjoy 500 3D gaming titles, or watch Blu-ray titles in 3D playback. When paired with the new 3GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 555 GPU, this laptop offers new levels of performance in 2D and especially in 3D.
Don't Miss: Today's Best Deals on Amazon.com
Below are the feature highlights of the new Dell XPS 15 and XPS 17.
- Support for a range of Sandy Bridge or Huron River CPU options: i3/i5/i7 Dual core and Quad core
- The i7 version now supports Optimus, unless configured with the optional 3D FHD panel on the XPS 17– this uses the discrete GPU full time
- Both support the full Stage experience on all panels
- Both offer a wide WLED display (1920 x 1080 resolution) option
- The i7 Quad core supports WiDi and can stream up to 1080p on both systems
- Both feature the chiclet keyboard design
- XPS 15: Starting weight with 6-cell battery = 5.96 pounds
- XPS 17: Starting weight with 6-cell battery = 7.41 pounds
- XPS 15: available with up to the NVIDIA GT 540M mobile graphics with 2GB RAM
- XPS 17: available with up to the NVIDIA 555M mobile graphics with 3GB RAM
- Both laptops offer all the other great enhancements the XPS line offers, like a Skype HD certified webcam, JBL speakers and Waves Maxx audio and USB 3.0
You can buy the new Dell XPS 17 and XPS 15 now on Dell.com.