this is a list of some of the best accessories for your Kindle eReader
If you like to read and that to hate to schlep down to the local bookstore to get more reading material you may have decided to get yourself an eReader. The most popular eReader around by many accounts is the latest generation Kindle and if you have a Kindle, you might want some cool accessories to go with it to keep the eReader looking good and looking good too.
Don't Miss: iPhone 8: Everything You Need to Know
Important accessories include cases to protect the Kindle when you are on the go and make it easier to grip. A good case is very important if you want your device to be scratch free and to survive a drop. You can even get some cases that have lights built in. A light is required if you plan on reading in a dark room.
Other important accessories include things like skins and book lights. The skins will keep your Kindle screen from getting scratched up and add style. The light is required to read in the dark if you use a case that lacks a light or don’t have a case at all. Another accessory you might want on hand if you travel a lot is an additional power supply or a DC adapter for use in the car. If you need some cool accessories for your Kindle check out the ones in my list of the coolest Kindle Accessories below. All of this stuff will work well, buy based on your style and budget and your Kindle will be safer!
1. Kindle Lighted Leather Cover - The most popular case around for the Kindle comes from Amazon and is the official Kindle case. The case looks good and is made from leather. You can get it in seven colors and the case has a light inside. One of the cool features is that the light gets power from the Kindle so you don’t need a battery for it. The downside is that the battery life of your Kindle will be reduced. All colors have soft micro-suede on the inside to prevent scratches. You can buy the Kindle Lighted Leather Case now for about $60.
2. M-Edge Latitude Kindle Jacket - If leather is a bit too fancy for your tastes and you want a case with a look that is a bit sportier you need to check out the M-Edge Latitude. This case is much cheaper than the one I just mentioned and has a zipper to keep things bundled up nicely on the road. The case comes in many different colors for about $30. It also has a zippered pocket on the outside for accessories and is padded to protect the Kindle. It's made with a pocket for the M-Edge e-Luminator light.
3. Duragadget Leather Kindle Case with Stand - If you want a nice leather case, but you also want a stand to keep the Kindle propped up while you read, this is the perfect case for you. This thing comes in several colors and sells for about $19. It has leather construction and has cut outs for all of the controls. The coolest feature is the stand that is built into the case to allow you to prop the case at any angle for hands free reading.
4. M-Edge e-Luminator Light - This is a cool light that is designed to work with the latest M-Edge cases like the Latitude I mentioned before. The cool part about this light is that is very compact and it uses an AAA battery for power rather than the Kindle's power. The light is a LED so a single battery will last a long time. The light is good for about 20 hours of reading. It is operated by a three-position switch for high, low, and off.
5. Belkin Clip-On Reading Light for Kindle - If you want a clip on light that will work with any case or with the Kindle alone, this Belkin offering will do the trick. This is a larger and more bulky light with LEDs inside for long lasting light when you read. It has two positions and the three Super LEDs inside are brighter than six normal LEDs. The arm is adjustable to suit your needs and the clip grips well to stay in place. You can buy this light for about $25.
6. Verso Clip-On Reading Light - If you want a light that comes with some style rather than just being black or white the Verso comes in this bright color. The light sells for about $20. It has LED lighting and a flexible next for adjustability. The clip is designed to grab onto the Kindle and stay put during use. It uses harder to find CR2032 batteries rather than common AAA or AA batteries. An extra set of the CR2032 batteries are included.
7. Skque Charger Kit - If you want to keep your Kindle powered up and charged in the home, office, or in the car this accessory kit is for you. It's cheap at about $5 and includes an extra AC adapter for your wall outlet and a DC adapter for your car. The extra AC adapter is perfect to keep in your briefcase or at the office so you don’t have to take your main power adapter back and forth with you.
8. Amazon Kindle Replacement Power Adapter - If you want a second power adapter, but you want the real deal this is the official Amazon adapter that shipped with your device. It sells for about $20 and includes the AC adapter and USB cable that can be used in the AC adapter or in your computer. It fits the latest edition Kindle and the DX.
9. 3GJuice Major Mojo 5400mAh battery - If you are the sort that spends a lot of time away from any power source and you need your Kindle charged and ready to go whenever you want to read, the 3GJuice Major Mojo is for you. This thing has an internal battery with 5400mAh of power and it comes with all these adapters to let it work with just about anything you carry with you. The thing will charge the Kindle, iPhone, iPod and a lot more. This one big battery will juice up just about all of your gadgets on the road.
Don't Miss: Incredible Pokemon Gifts
10. GelaSkins Kindle Skin - If you want a case for your Kindle, but you also want to make your Kindle look different from everyone else's this skin is for you. A skin is a sticker that has cut outs around all the buttons and controls that completely changes the look of your Kindle. The skin is about $19 and will prevent scratches, but does nothing to protect from drops.