These are some of the coolest headphones and earbuds you can find
If you have been listing to your iPhone, iPod or other MP3 player for a long time now with the earphones that came with the device you might be surprised by how much better it would sound with a new set of headphones or earphones. There are a lot of different offerings on the market when it comes to better audio quality when you are on the go.
How To: Buy a Pokemon Go Plus
With many people using a smartphone that has a music player one consideration you need to make when shopping for new headphones is whether or not you need a set with a microphone inside for making calls. You can get a lot of headphones with mics that allow you to listen to your music and then make and receive phone calls while you are on the go. Most of these types of earphones and headphones also have controls for ending and answering calls.
You will also find that some of the headphones and earphones on the market have inline controls. These allow you to change the track and play/pause your music without having to dig your smartphone or other device out of a pocket and change tracks on the screen. There are also multiple styles to choose from when it comes to earphones and headphones.
Earphones are in-ear meaning that the tips actually stick onside your ears. This is the sort that you get with a new iPod or the iPhone. There are also on-ear headphones that sit on your ears and there are over-the ear headphones that put your entire ear inside. The earphones and on-ear headphones will block some external sounds and trap the audio inside making for more bass and better overall sound.
If you buy in-ear earphones you will want to consider the tips that come with them. Many of the more expensive sets will have multiple ear tips in different sizes so you get the best fit you can. They will also often come with tips made from silicone and some made from foam. The foam tips are often more comfortable with more ability to block external sounds. Audio quality will also vary greatly so shop around and get a set matched to your tastes. Check out the list below of some of the best earphones and headphones around, in no particular order.
1. JBuds J4 Rugged Metal in-ear earphones - These little earphones are made from metal rather than plastic for more ruggedness. They are also available in multiple colors to suit your tastes. They are on sale right now for about $40. The cable is Kevlar reinforced to prevent you from breaking it. They have seven different size ear tips and come with a carry case. They work with iPods and just about anything else. A version with a mic is available.
2. JBuds Hi-fi Earbuds - If you need something on a tight budget, the JBuds Hi-fi noise reducing ear buds are much cheaper than the previous offering from the company. They come in black, silver and red colors. The soft silicone ear buds only come in one size and they lack a mic, but will fit anything with a 3.5mm headphone plug.
3. Skullcandy Ink'd Earbuds - If you want earbuds with style and good sound Skullcandy as a cool set called Ink'd that come in a huge assortment of colors. They have 11mm drivers with neodymium magnets, two sizes of silicone gel earbuds, and a 1.3-meter long braided cable. The frequency response is 20Hxz to 20KHz.
4. Kidz Gear Wired headphones - If you are a parent concerned that your kid might listen to music too loud the Kidz Gear wired headphones are perfect for you. The headphones are made specifically to fit kids 2 and up and have a volume control knob that lets you set a volume range. The headphones are designed to prevent kids from harming their hearing over the long term by listening to music too loudly. These headphones are a bit under $20.
5. Skullcandy Skullcrushers Subwoofer Headphones - Those wanting style and over the ear design can check out the Skullcandy Skullcrushers headphones. These things have a subwoofer inside for deeper bass. It uses an AA battery for a bass amp and has inline bass adjustment. The headphones ship with an adapter to use in a home stereo and on an airliner along with the standard 3.5mm port. These headphones are a bit over $40 and come in white or black colors.
6. Klipsch Image S4 earphones - If your budget will support higher-end earphones the Klipsch Image S4 earphones are worth a look. Klipsch is famous for its audio gear and the stuff is top notch. These are expensive at about $80. They use oval ear tips for a better fit, have superior bass response, and come with a stainless steel carry case. They also have three sizes of ear tips for a better fit.
7. Bose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones - If you have a really big budget and want headphones that will block out the drone of a jet engine or that annoying person that sits next to you at the office the QuietComfort form Bose is the way to go. These headphones have active noise cancelling tech inside and you can get adapters to make them fit just about anything from your iPhone to the seat plug on commercial jets. They are not cheap at about $300, but if you want to ditch noise around you, they work really well.
Don't Miss: Sam's Club Black Friday 2016 Details
8. Sennheiser Adidas PMX 680 sorts earbuds headphones - If you are the active sort that needs to have tunes with them while you exercise the PMX 680 might be the perfect headset for you. It uses a behind the head design to help them stay in place with exertion and they have an inline volume control as well. They are sweat and water-resistant and have high-output drivers for better sound. You can pick them up for about $42.