My picks for the worst flicks ever
I have talked a lot lately about some of the best flicks to add to your movie collection. There are a lot of good movies out there and you can bet that many of them we all want to have in our library. At the same time, there are a lot of really bad flicks on the market.
Don't Miss: Sam's Club Black Friday 2016 Details
These are the sort of flicks that are embarrassing to find in your library. We can all think of some of the films that we have seen that were really just bad. Movies can suck for a lots of reasons. They can have bad acting, a really bad story line, or just turn out to be far from what you expected. The real question is do you own any of these flicks that are filled with loads of fail? Read on to see my picks for the worst movies you can add to your library.
1. Howard the Duck - This flick was one of those that I watched as a kid and came away feeling more than a little creeped out. It’s a duck that talks and this side of Daffy I'm not really down with that. The only upside is that at the time the movie was made Lea Thompson was actually hot when this came out and spent some time in her underwear, which was a big deal to see when I was young. This is a very weird film made more so considering George Lucas was a producer.
2. Emma - This is the flick that helped me to realize the people that vote for the films that are up for Academy Awards haven't a clue. This was two wasted hours of my life that I will never get back. It sucked so bad I still use it against my wife, who dragged me to see it, every time she doesn't want to see a movie I want to see. And, she goes with me to see my flick because she knows it sucked too.
3. Fighting - I messed around and went with a couple of my friends to see this flick in the theater because they showed it during the UFC and it looked like a dude film. If I ever meet Dana White in person, I plan to kick him in the balls for advertising this movie. I knew things weren't right when all that was coming into the theater were teenage girls. I didn’t know at the time who Channing Tatum was. Guys don't be fooled, this is a chick flick with a few boring fights thrown in to trick the guys into parting with their money and a little bit of their manhood. I had to go home and watch Die Hard to feel better about action movies in general after this.
4. Predator 2 - Arnold wasn't in it. You can't have Predator without Arnold, you hear that Adrien Brody?
5. The Fast and The Furious: Tokyo Drift - EPIC SUCK. I really like The Fast and Furious franchise even though I am a diehard muscle car guy and not into riced out imports at all. This flick was an abomination in the franchise though. Could they have found an actor with a voice more irritating? I would have rather seen that chick from The Nanny in the lead role. Sure, you can put the engine from an import into an old school Mustang in a few hours, everyone knows that. This flick was so bad, even the sequels don’t mention it.
6. Battlefield Earth - Where to start. So much fail and so little time, let's just say that this was one of the worst films in history for me and I remain convinced that with some of the awesome flicks John Travolta has made he was brainwashed by the mother ship into making this film. All I do know is that Travolta didn’t make up for this farce with me until From Paris with Love.
7. The Fountain - I watched this flick and have no idea what the point was. Why was he in a ball with the tree and who exactly though this flick was a good idea? If you could somehow harness the suck vortex created by this film, you could power a small city on free energy.