Samsung Smart TV lets you have the web on your TV
Smart TVs have become very popular and today many shoppers want to have Smart TV functionality in their new set. Among the most popular of the Smart TV brands is Samsung. Samsung Smart TVs offer access to all sorts of different content right on the TV from the web. You can also get Samsung Smart TV access on some of its Blu-ray players as well.
Samsung Smart TVs have access to apps from Samsung and you can access a bunch of other streaming services for content. With a Samsung Smart TV, you can watch movies on demand from Amazon Instant Video for instance. The TVs also support Hulu, YouTube, and ESPN sports content. You can also use the Samsung Smart TV to stream music from the web via Pandora and access your Facebook and Twitter accounts.
Some of the Samsung Smart TV have integrated WiFi making connectivity very easy. You can get the TVs in several screen sizes and in different price ranges. Some of the Samsung Smart TV also support 3D content when paired with a 3D Blu-ray player like the PS3 and others. Some of the Samsung Smart TVs also ship with a cool remote control that has a QWERTY keyboard to make getting to the online content you want a breeze. If you are in the market check out the list below of some of the coolest Samsung Smart TVs and Blu-ray players available today.
1. Samsung UN55D8000 55-inch - This Samsung Smart TV has a large 55-inch screen and supports 3D content with a 240hz refresh rate. The set has very thin bezel and looks very nice sitting on your entertainment center. It supports all of the cool Smart TV functions I mentioned before and has integrated WiFi for wireless networks. This high-end Samsung Smart TV isn’t cheap at about $3,600 but it is a fantastic offering. It supports full 1080p resolution and has LED backlighting for less power consumption and better image quality.
2. Samsung UN46D6000 46-inch HDTV - This Samsung Smart TV is much cheaper than the previous offering I mentioned. This set goes for about $1,200. To get that lower price you lose the 3D capability and get a smaller screen. You do get a 120Hz refresh rate and access to all that cool online content. The set has no WiFi so you will need a wire to connect it to the web.
3. Samsung UN55C6500 55-inch - This set is a full HD 1080p offering with a 120Hz refresh rate and LED backlighting. It has Samsung Smart TV built-in and has 10w speakers. The set is very slim, has a swiveling stand as well it offers 4 HDMI inputs, and has integrated WiFi. You can get this TV for about $2,800.
4. Samsung LN40C560 40-inch - This is one of the cheapest of the Samsung Smart TVs that you can get with a price of $799 right now. The TV has the 2010 Samsung Smart TV functionality, which may be a bit different from some of the newer sets available. It has four HDMI inputs and it needs a separate adapter for WiFi capability. It has a 60Hz refresh rate.
5. Samsung UN55D6300 55-inch - This is one of the new line of Samsung Smart TVs. This set has a 55-inch screen, 1080p resolution and a 120Hz refresh rate with LED backlighting. The D6300 lacks integrated WiFi, but supports all the features of the Smart TV platform. It also has connect share support that lets you plug in a flash drive to stream movies to the screen. Other features include three USB ports and four HDMI 1.4 ports.
6. Samsung BD-D5700 Blu-ray Player - If you have a TV that you like or if you use a projector you can still access the Samsung Smart TV service using a Samsung Blu-ray player like this one. This player is about $200 and has integrated WiFi for connecting to the web services offered. It supports HD sound formats and will play Blu-ray and DVDs. You can also play video files directly though the Blu-ray player using a USB port on the player and a flash drive.
7. Samsung BD-D6500 3D Blu-ray player - If you want a Blu-ray player that gives access to the Samsung Smart TV content and plays 3D flicks this is your device. It sells for about $250 and will also play normal Blu-ray flicks and DVDs. This player also has integrated WiFi for easy connectivity to your home network.
8. Samsung PN51D6500 51-inch Plasma - If your taste lies more in Plasma TVs than LCDs this is the set for you. This TV supports 3D and has a blazing 600Hz refresh rate and full 1080p HD image. The contrast ratio is 5M:1 and it has integrated WiFi for connecting to your home network. The TV costs about $1,600 and it is available right now.