Ceramic brakes and an unknown price
In the world of iconic sports cars, one of the originals for America is the Corvette from Chevrolet. The car is still around and sells well enough for Chevy and its performance capabilities are legendary. I might not be a Corvette guy personally, but I can certainly recognize how awesome this new Centennial edition vette package looks.
Don't Miss: Super Bowl 2017 Ads
The new Centennial Edition package will be available on anything from the base corvette up to the mighty ZR1 by adding the order code ZLC onto the order form when you buy. Exactly how much this package will cost you is unknown right now, but looking at the list of items the package adds, it won't be cheap.
The package includes:
- Bose premium sound system, with one-year XM subscription, navigation and USB
- Bluetooth hands-free phone connectivity
- Power-adjustable and heated seats
- Memory package, home remote, Head Up Display and power-telescoping steering wheel
- The Custom Leather Wrapped Interior Package, with leather-wrapped upper instrument panels, upper door trim panels and console storage cover and red contrasting stitching
- Z07 performance package, including Brembo ceramic brakes, Magnetic Ride Control and 19-inch/20-inch wheels and Michelin tires
- CFZ package includes carbon fiber rockers, front splitter and roof
- New Carbon Fiber raised hood option for Z06, which was introduced on the 2011 Z06 Carbon Edition.
Just uttering the words "ceramic brakes" makes me think huge money. "Racing and performance are the roots of Chevrolet, a tradition carried forward today by Corvette," said Rick Scheidt, vice president of Chevrolet marketing. "The Centennial Edition not only celebrates our 100 years, it once again pushes Corvette forward for a new generation of sports car fans."
Chevy is auctioning off a Centennial Edition Corvette at Barrett-Jackson and giving the Proceeds to the Austin Hatcher Foundation for Pediatric Cancer. The car being auctioned off is a production 3LZ model with the Z07 performance package and more.