All of these TVs were launched this year and have the latest technology
Not too long ago I talked about some of the coolest TVs that were available. Some people want the newest tech and features available so today I am going to look at the best and coolest new HDTVs that launched in 2011. This year there have been a bunch of new HDTVs that have launched so far and they have some really cool features.
The biggest new feature for 2011 would be Smart TV. This was around last year, but in 2011 there are a lot more models coming with smart features. A Smart TV will allow you to get access to all sorts of content from the internet. You can surf the web, watch streaming video, and listen to streaming music among other things. Smart TV is the big feature for 2011 for sure.
Don't Miss: Biggest Super Bowl TV Bargain Deals
Another feature that has become more and more common this year is 3D TVs. Last year you could get a few 3D TV sets, but 3D capability is more common this year. Most of the sets on the market need active glasses the TVs can get very expensive. We have new TV models that are in both LCD and LED varieties along with a few plasma TVs in 2011, but the first tow technologies are most common. The size of the screens also varies greatly ranging from 19-inches up to 60-inches typically.
As you are shopping for a TV generally the higher the contrast the better the image will be. Better contrast provides a battery image by making changes from light to dark areas smoother. Many of the new sets also has high refresh rates.
A number of sets on the market this year have 120Hz or higher refresh rates. In general, the higher the refresh rate, the smoother the image is during fast action. A high refresh rate is particularly important if you plan on playing video games on your TV. Read on for my picks of some of the best new TV models that have launch so far this year.
1. Sony Bravia KDL40EX523 - This Sony set has 1080p resolution and a 40-inch screen. It is a nice screen size and the set has integrated WiFi allowing to you access the web. You can use the internet connectivity to access things like Facebook, eBay, YouTube, and lots more. You can stream movies and videos from the web right to your TV screen. This set uses edge LED backlighting for better image quality. It has four HDMI inputs and a 60Hz refresh rate.
2. Sony Bravia KDL55EX720 - If you want a Sony set with a larger screen and more features this is the TV for you. This set has a 55-inch screen and 1080p resolution. The TV also supports 3D content with the need for active 3D glasses. It is Edge LED backlit, has Skype capability, and uses a presence sensor. That presence sensor will turn the TV off when it senses no one is in the room. The TV has four HDMI inputs.
3. Sony KDL60EX720 - If 55-inches just isn't big enough for you, the Bravia KDL60EX720 has a giant 60-inch screen. The TV supports 1080p resolution and 3D content. It also uses Edge LED backlighting for a better image and has a 240Hz refresh rate. It has Smart TV capability and you can stream content from the internet and surf the web. It is also Skype ready allowing you to make and receive calls from your TV. The TV sports four HDMI input and has a lot of other connectivity.
4. Panasonic TC-L19C30 - If you have a small room or office that needs a TV, this Viera set has a 19-inch screen making it fit anywhere. The little screen has 720p resolution and with this small screen, you will be hard pressed to notice a difference between 720p and 1080p. the TV can be pre-ordered right now for about $250. The TV uses an IPS Alpha LED panel and has a game mode. It has a single HDMI input along with component and composite inputs. Viewing angles for the screen are 178-degres.
5. Panasonic DMP-B200 8.9-inch Blu-ray Player - This is one very cool little gadget that is perfect for those summer road trips. This small portable Blu-ray player has an integrated 8.9-inch screen. The little gadget sells for $286 and ships now. It has a battery inside letting it run for four hours per charge and the screen has SVGA resolution. You won't get your full 1080p goodness like you do at home on the portable screen, but this is a definite step up from a portable DVD player. It will play DVDs as well.
6. Panasonic Viera TC-L32DT30 - This is a 30-inch screen 3D LED backlit TV that supports 1080p resolution. The 32-inch size is perfect for many rooms and this set sells for under $1199. The TV uses an IPS panel and has LED backlighting. The dynamic contrast optimizes for each movie screen. The TV has four HDMI inputs and lots of other connectivity. The TV is WiFi ready for streaming online content and it has a 240Hz refresh rate. It only comes with one pair of 3D glasses.
7. Sharp LC60LE835U - This TV has a big 60-inch screen and uses a Sharp exclusive technology that adds in one more color pixel to the mix for a better image. Most TVs have red, green, and blue pixels and this Sharp TV adds a yellow pixel to the mix for awesome image quality. The TV has 3D capability and a 240Hz refresh rate. It has integrated WiFi and it has Smart TV functions. You can stream Netflix, Vudu, and a lot more to the TV right from the web. The contrast ratio is 8M:1 and it has four HDMI inputs along with a lot more connectivity.
8. Sharp HE LC52LE830U 52-inch - This 52-inch screen TV is a nice size that skirts the gap between the too small 46-inch and too large 55-inch screen for some people. This set supports 1080p content and is a LCD TV with 120Hz refresh rate. It has integrated WiFi and can stream Netflix. This set does use the four-pixel color Quattron engine and should have excellent image quality. The contrast ratio is 6M:1 and it has four HDMI inputs.
9. Samsung UN40D5500 40-inch HDTV - This is one of the new sets from Samsung this year in a moderate screen size of 40-inches. The TV supports 1080p content and is LED backlit. The refresh rate is 60Hz and this set is right under $900. Samsung uses its slim touch of color bezel on the TV making the TV smaller and more attractive. You can play movies from a USB drive on the TV screen and it is DLNA capable as well. The TV has four HDMI inputs and lots of other connectivity.
10. Samsung UN5500D7000 55-inch Samsung Smart TV - If you are looking for a Smart TV, the Samsung line of Smart TVs have lots of cool features. This is one of the higher-end Samsung Smart TVs and it is about $3000. The TV has a 55-inch screen, 240Hz refresh rate, and it is 3D ready. The remote has a cool QWERTY keyboard for surfing the web and typing on Facebook or Twitter. WiFi is built-in and the TV supports Skype. It supports 1080p resolution and has four HDMI 1.4 ports that all support 3D sources.