The iPad Arcade Cabinet iCade was an April Fools' joke in 2010, but now it is real and it is cool.
ThinkGeek transformed yet another April Fools' joke gadget into a real product. In 2010 ThinkGeek announced the iCade iPad Arcade Cabinet as an April Fools' joke and now you can actually buy one. You can pre-order the iCade for $99.99 now on ThinkGeek and it will ship around May 20th.
Don't Miss: Today's Electronics Bargains at Woot.com
A year ago the iCade was already a cool idea. Now with Atari Greatest hits available for the iPad the iCade is a no brainer for retro gamers. To use the iCade, gently slide the Apple iPad into the cradle. The iCADE uses Bluetooth to connect to the iPad so there's nothing else you need to do.
Features of the iCade:
- Beautifully retro-styled tabletop arcade cabinet for your otherwise useless iPad
- iPad connects to the iCADE controls via Bluetooth
- "Atari Greatest Hits" iPad App ready to go with the iCADE, including support for over 100 classic Atari games.
- Atari App comes with classic Pong for free, other games available for in-app purchase. 3-game packs are $1. All 100 games are $14.99
- API to be released later allowing any iOS developer to create iCADE-compatible games.
- Compatible with both the original iPad and iPad 2
Pre-order the iCade now before it is sold out on ThinkGeek.