I haven't owned or worn a watch in many years. Once I started carrying a mobile phone with me everywhere I just took to using the phone to tell time. Most of the people I know are the same way. A lot of people still wear watches though and geeks often get watches that make a statement that are more jewelry than just for telling time.
There are bunches of watches on the market today that are aimed at the geek wanting to make a fashion statement. Some of these watches are just in crazy colors or designs and others use weird lights or other methods to actually tell the time. The catch is that a lot of those weird watches require the wearer to read an instruction manual to learn how to use the watch.
If you like to collect watches that have strange designs to look at you will like this list of the geekiest watches I could find. Some of these watches are rather expensive and some of them will have you starting for a bit trying to figure out what time it is. Read on for some of the geekiest watches around.
1. Tokyoflash Pimpin Black Strap Watch - Tokyoflash is the big name in weird and geeky watches. This Pimpin watch has a black band and case and shows the time using LED dots on the face. It’s a cool looking watch that will cost you about $150.
2. Iron Samurai LED Watch - This cool watch looks like it is all bracelet, but it actually has LED numbers that are easy to read and see. The bracelet watch is cheap too at under $9 and it looks really cool.
3. ThinkGeek LED Binary Watch - ThinkGeek is one of the big names in geeky things and it has some cool watches too. This Binary Watch says I'm a geek like no other with the time shown in binary numbers. It's one of those watches you have to learn to read.
4. The Singularity - This is one of the cooler watches for the geek out there looking for a timepiece. The watch has red and yellow LEDs and shows the time and date. It costs around $200 new and looks really cool.
5. 01TheOne Men's GRR213G3 Gamma Ray Round Green LED Gun-Metal Watch - This watch looks really cool, but it is very easy to read. It has a black face and band that has no numbers. Rather than normal hands, the watch uses LED hands to show you the time. The only downside is that the watch sells for about $190.
6. TokyoFlash Diode Watch - This is another of the really cool TokyoFlash watches. The upside to this one is that it is very easy to read. It looks cool with a silver band and case and the numbers are printed on the screen and linked to tell the time with LED lines. This watch will cost you about $90.
7. The Cylon Watch - This watch doesn't make me think Cylon at all. It's cool looking with a ribbed face that matches the band. It does look very difficult to read though. It sells for $35 making it one of the cheaper watches on the list.