Menu
Clone of Alibaba (BABA) IPO Shares Jump 36%

Alibaba (BABA) IPO Shares Jump 36%

The Sexiest Halloween Costumes of 2014

The Sexiest Halloween Costumes of 2014

Mazda Miata 2016 model revealed

Mazda Miata 2016 model revealed

Miley Cyrus New Butt Gets in Trouble with Law

Miley Cyrus New Butt Gets in Trouble with Law

Larry Ellison Steps Down as CEO of Oracle

Larry Ellison Steps Down as CEO of Oracle

iPhone 5 8MP Camera comes from OmniVision: Report

Jun 7 2011, 9:23am CDT | by , in Rumors | Apple

Back to the iPhone 5 rumor mill after the WWDC 2011 keynote is history.

iPhone 5 8MP Camera comes from OmniVision:Report
 
 

As expected Apple did not unveil a new iPhone at the WWDC 2011 keynote. The new iPhone 5 or iPhone 4S is expected in Fall along with the release of iOS 5. Digitimes reports today that their supply chain sources say that OmniVision secured a deal with Apple to supply the 8MP CMOS camera sensors for the iPhone 5. OmniVision would supply 90% of the components, while Sony covers the remaining 10%.

That the iPhone 5 will have an 8MP camera is already pretty sure at this point. There is no agreement yet if the 5th generation iPhone will be just a performance upgrade or also change visually and contain new features like NFC. The new iOS 5 will bring many new features, but the ones announced so far do not require new hardware features.

You Might Also Like

Updates

Shopping Deals

 
 
 

<a href="/latest_stories/all/all/2" rel="author">Luigi Lugmayr</a>
Luigi Lugmayr (Google) is the founding chief Editor of I4U News and brings over 15 years experience in the technology field to the ever evolving and exciting world of gadgets. He started I4U News back in 2000 and evolved it into vibrant technology magazine.
Luigi can be contacted directly at ml@i4u.com.

 

 

Comments

blog comments powered by Disqus

Latest stories

Nicki Minaj: A Fair Warning to Male Drivers…Dangerous Curves Ahead!
Nicki Minaj: A Fair Warning to Male Drivers…Dangerous Curves Ahead!
The Voluptuous Black Mama with Vim and Vigor and Vociferous Vibes!
 
 
Sears Black Friday
Sears Black Friday
When it comes to department stores, there are very few companies that can compete with someone like Sears. They have home appliances, clothing, power tools, and everything in between. For people who are shopping for...
 
 
Facebook&#039;s out to copy Twitter news feeds
Facebook's out to copy Twitter news feeds
Facebook faced an oops when the site belatedly joined in the Ferguson coverage. Now the site's looking to compete with microblogging site Twitter.
 
 
Queen Latifah on community and domestic violence
Queen Latifah on community and domestic violence
Queen Latifah's active in community outreach and involvement. At the start of The Queen Latifah Show's second season, the host is opening up on how to be a better member of society.
 
 
 

About the Geek Mind

The “geek mind” is concerned with more than just the latest iPhone rumors, or which company will win the gaming console wars. I4U is concerned with more than just the latest photo shoot or other celebrity gossip.

The “geek mind” is concerned with life, in all its different forms and facets. The geek mind wants to know about societal and financial issues, both abroad and at home. If a Fortune 500 decides to raise their minimum wage, or any high priority news, the geek mind wants to know. The geek mind wants to know the top teams in the National Football League, or who’s likely to win the NBA Finals this coming year. The geek mind wants to know who the hottest new models are, or whether the newest blockbuster movie is worth seeing. The geek mind wants to know. The geek mind wants—needs—knowledge.

Read more about The Geek Mind.