Anything to beat the Texas summer heat is welcome
Summer is in full swing in the South and in many other areas. That means we are already seeing triple digit temperatures that feel even hotter thanks to the humidity. With summer here that also means many people want to do things outdoors. You can sit by the pool, lake, or beach and keep cool at the same time with the help of some rather strange gadgets. There are a number of personal cooling devices on the market today that promise to keep you cool outside.
Don't Miss: Best Cyber Week Deals
If you are stuck watching a little league game at 5 pm on one of the dog days of summer, anything that will help keep you cool is welcome. This list has a mix of different devices that promise to help you stay cool in the oppressive summer heat. Read on for five of the coolest personal cooling gadgets out there.
1. Coolware Personal Outdoor Cooling System - This product has a really long name for what amounts to a fan that you can put around your neck like a necklace. This thing sucks in air from behind your head and then blows it out on you neck to help keep you cool. It looks a bit weird on you, but weird looks is the price you pay for staying cool. You can pick one up for about $30.
2. The Original Handy Cooler in blue by Genexus - This is an interesting little device that you can hold in your hand and acts like a small air conditioner. It sells for about $45 and is available to buy right now. The little fan promises to cool the air it blows on you by up to 30F and runs on four AA batteries or a USB port. The device uses water you add to a tank to activate the cooling feature of the fan. The fan is also quiet at 30db and the airflow can be adjusted.
3. UB Kool Personal Cooler and Warmer - This device will help keep you cool in the summer and nice and warm in the winter. It claims to cool to 40-degrees below ambient temperature and can heat to 120-degrees. It is powered by four AA batteries or an optional AC/DC adapter that isn't included. The device is compact and measures 2.75" x 1.2" x 5.6".
4. Portable Air Conditioner - This is a rather plain looking device that sells for $19.99. The fan uses ice that you place into the supplied bottle along with water. The bottle with ice water goes into the chamber and the cold produced is used to chill the air it blows at you. It uses a condensation tray to prevent water from getting onto your desk or surface. It runs from a pair of D batteries.
5. O2Cool 8101 Battery Operated Water-Misting Fan - This is the most basic device on the list. It’s a fan that attaches to the top of a spray bottle. The idea is that the fan will circulate the air while the misted water helps to cool you without getting you soaking wet. A pair of AA batteries powers the fan and you squeeze the trigger to spray the water when you want to.