If you have a Tab 10.1, you need some of these accessories
The tablet market is one of the hottest segments of the tech world today. The number of new tablets that are hitting the market seems to be never ending and all of the tablets want to take a piece of the iPad's action. Most of the tablets out there fall woefully short of the iPad 2 today so for the most part the iPad is unchallenged.
Don't Miss: How to Pre-order Nintendo Switch
The one tablet that is considered to be the most likely contender and alternative to the iPad 2 for many shoppers is the new Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet. Ironically, this tablet and the iPad are at the center of a legal battle over patent infringement between Samsung and Apple with each claiming the other stole its product design.
If you have your eyes on a Galaxy Tab 10.1, you need a few accessories to optimize your use and to keep the tablet safe from drops and scratches. Most users will want a case of some sort, screen protection, and a stand for the desk. Many will also need a second charging cable to keep the Tab 10.1 charged at home and in the office. Read on for my list of the top accessories for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.
1. rooCASE Executive Portfolio in Black Leather - This is a nice case covered in real leather specifically made for all versions of the Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet. The case is available for about $44 right now. The case has an integrated stand to prop the screen at a 45-degree angle for comfortable viewing. It also has a detachable inner sleeve that uses Velcro. The case has slots inside for pens and business cards as well. All the ports and controls are left accessible with the case. You can get the case in black, magenta, and red colors.
2. Akron Portable Fold-Up Stand - If you use the Galaxy Tab 10.1 at your desk a lot and don't want to have to look down at the screen this stand is a great accessory. The stand folds into a small amount of space for mobility. The stand will work with just about any tablet with or without a case. The base has non-skid material on it to keep the tablet in place. It will hold the tablet or other device in portrait or landscape modes and can be purchased for under $13.
3. 40-inch USB Charge and Data Sync Cable for Galaxy Tab - If you use the Galaxy Tab 10.1 in more than one place like home and office, a second charge cable is well worth the money. This keeps you from having to remember to pack up your charge cable when you are going to or coming home from work. If you lose the factory charge cable, this will replace your original as well. The 40-inch length gives you a lot of room to plug into ports and still use the tablet. The cable is available now for $9.99.
4. Generiks TM Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Clear Screen Protectors - This is a three pack of screen protection films to keep the scratches away from your tablet. Most cases don’t do a good job of protecting your screen from scratches so I always use a screen protection film and a case to protect against drops. This three pack of films is $7.74.
5. Sleek Impact-Resistant Protective Case for Tab 10.1 - If you want a case for your tablet but you don’t want one with a flap that adds a lot of bulk, something like the snug fitting protective case that has no screen protection might be just what you need. The case is made from hard and soft silicone materials and leaves the ports and controls accessible when the case is installed. This case sells for $19.95, but you will definitely want screen protection to go with it.