First Google eBook only reader goes on sale.
iriver and Target announced today that the iRiver Story HD eBook reader goes on sale exclusive at Target for $139.99. The iRiver Story HD is the first e-reader that has Google eBooks store fully integrated. The device offers more than three million ebooks at no cost and thousands of additional titles for sale.
“Target strives to provide guests with exclusive access to the most innovative new products, and the iRiver Story HD is no exception,” said Nik Nayar, vice president of Merchandising, Target. “With the rapid advancements of e-readers and tablets, the iriver Story HD’s superior features and integration with Google eBooks sets it apart. Target is excited to bring this new e-reader to our guests before any other retailer.”
The new iRiver Story HD eReader is an interesting alternative to the Amazon Kindle and the B&N nook. Google has shown in the past some real bargain eBook offers. iRiver is a great maker of gadgets. The features and specs of the iRiver Story HD are up to date.
iRiver Story HD features
- At 7.3 ounces, the iriver Story HD is the lightest e-reader of its class
- With 63.8 percent more pixels than other e-readers, the world’s first six-inch XGA (768x1024) E-Ink display offers revolutionary legibility
- An advanced Cortex A8 chipset which provides high performance and fast response
- A superior battery life enables users to select 14,000 of its non-glare pages, or simply keep the device on standby for up to six weeks, all on a single charge
- Access to the Google eBookstore gives users unmatched access to millions of books, all easily and conveniently stored in an unlimited digital cloud
- Sideloading of personal documents via the SD card slot or by USB 2.0 allows users to supplement their cloud libraries with additional books and documents
- The slim and lightweight e-reader features iriver’s sleek, signature style, a QWERTY keypad, and a curve with two-tone colors at the front and back for easy grip and slim design