I had more LEGO bricks when I was a kid than I could keep up with and I loved them. I got in trouble a lot for leaving the pieces around and got really mad at my dog for eating my bricks on more than one occasion. If you are like me, your kids are now probably getting into LEGO blocks too. It may be that you never stopped playing with LEGO; the little blocks are lots of fun. I only wish when I was little they had these awesome Star Wars LEGO sets on the market.
If you enjoy building things from instructions or just randomly making whatever catches your fancy with the toys I am going to run down some of the geekiest and coolest LEGO sets on the market today. Christmas will be here before you know it and some stores in my area already having Christmas in July sales. Read on for my picks of the top five geekiest and coolest Star Wars LEGO sets on the market today.
1. LEGO Star Wars Death Star - Behold the power of my fully functional LEGO Death Star! If you are a fan of LEGO and Star Wars the kit to have is the Death Star you see here. This is one of the most expensive LEGO kits I have ever seen at $399.99 and it builds up with lots of the important areas of the movie and a bunch of minifigs to play with. The kit includes six minifigs and measures 16" H x 16.5" W and includes a Tie fighter that measures 3.5" wide. It includes Luke in a Stormtrooper outfit, Han Solo in Stormtrooper, assassin droid, interrogation droid and several others. The hangar bay has a moving launch rack. The kit weighs 17.5 pounds! WANT!!!
2. LEGO Star Wars Midi-Scale Millennium Falcon - The next coolest kit after that Death Star is the Millennium Falcon you see here selling for a bit over $100. This kit is large, but scaled so you can play with it in a hand easily. The kit has a lot of cool details like a rotating radar dish, moving laser cannons, and a lot more. The kit measures 9.3" x 6.7" x 3.2" and comes with no minifigures.
3. LEGO X-Wing Fighter - This is the big daddy X-Wing Fighter that Luke flew around in. This kit has 563 pieces and even has some vines so you can recreate that scene where it sinks in the swamp. The kit comes with Luke, Yoda, R2-D2, and the little house Yoda lived in on Dagobah. The listing doesn't give the dimensions, but this looks like a larger kit for sure.
4. LEGO Darth Vader TIE Fighter - My two favorite Star wars toys growing up were my tie fighter and the Falcon. The Tie Fighter I had included a button you could press to make the side panels fall off and it was really cool. This LEGO kit is Vader's Tie Fighter with the angled wings on the side. It has 251 pieces and sells for about $60. The fighter measures 6" x 7" and has missiles that fire and a Darth Vader minifig.
5. LEGO Star Wars Slave 1 - This ship might be called Slave 1, but we all know it as the ship that Boba Fett flew around in. I also had this toy when I was a kid and it was one of my favorite. It includes Boba Fett and Bossk minifigs and has a carbonite Solo. The ship is 13" x 13" and has 573 pieces. It even has a secret missile compartment and side compartments with missiles too. This kit sells for $65.54.