Verizon announced the LG Lucid 4G LTE smartphone. The LG Lucid is supposed ot be an easy-to-learn, easy-to-use experience for first-time smartphone users. The slim and compact design features a stunning 4-inch touchscreen display protected by Corning Gorilla Glass that gives customers superb brightness, enhanced clarity and readability, even while outdoors. Lucid by LG customers have access to 4G LTE coverage in over 200 markets covering more than 200 million people.
Lucid by LG is packed with features to make the smartphone experience easy, while also increasing productivity. Customers can use the lock screen shortcuts to instantly access the phone, messaging, voicemail and camera application from the lock screen. Customers also no longer have to stop what they’re doing to reply to texts by using the Quick Reply feature, as text message notifications pop up on the screen and allow customers to reply directly from the Quick Reply notification. The Quick Dialer widget lets customers make calls directly from a home screen panel without having to open the phone application. Additionally, Lucid by LG has Guided Tours right on the device, which provides step-by-step tutorials for customers who want to learn more about their new phone.
Business professionals can take advantage of the Polaris Office app on Lucid by LG which allows customers to easily open, create and edit Microsoft® Office documents, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread, upgradable to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- 5-megapixel rear-facing autofocus camera with flash and full HD (1080p) video capture
- Front facing camera for video chatting with friends and family
- Video Producer – create and edit HD videos right on Lucid by LG
- 1.2 GHz dual-core processor and 1 GB of RAM for fast Web browsing and multitasking
- Virtual QWERTY keyboard with Swype technology
- SmartShare – share media with friends and colleagues wirelessly to DLNA®-enabled devices
Lucid by LG will be available starting March 29 in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com for $79.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
Customers who purchase a Lucid by LG will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan beginning at $39.99 monthly access and a smartphone data package starting at $30 monthly access for 2 GB of data.