Samsung launched Music Hub an online music service initially available on the new Samsung Galaxy SIII.
As one of the largest mobile phone makers, Samsung was almost pressured to launch their own music service to match the offering of Apple. The Samsung Music hub has been launched in Europe and is offered as free and premium service.
The new Music Hub service will be offered in both free and premium versions:
• Music Hub Store: (free)
When it comes to music, there’s never too much. Offering a vast, 19 million song catalog provided by 7digital, Music Hub Store is the place for you to buy songs and albums, as well as listen to 30-second previews of all songs. Purchased music is stored in the cloud and automatically appears on all of your devices. Music can also be stored locally on devices for offline listening.
• Music Hub Premium: (€/£9.99 per month)
For €/£9.99 per month, you can upload and access your entire music collection anywhere, enjoy unlimited streaming from the millions of songs in the Music Hub catalog and discover new songs with radio stations based on the artists you like.
Music Hub features include:
• Scan & Match Cloud Locker: Upload your music to the cloud so you can play it anywhere. Music Hub utilizes scan & match technology to decrease upload time and ensure high-quality playback. Have any rare or personal recordings? Don’t worry – any unmatched songs are directly uploaded from your library AND you get 100 GB of storage for all unmatched songs. When you edit playlists or purchase music, your collection stays automatically updated across all authorized devices.
• Catalog of millions of songs: Enjoy full access to our entire catalog to stream or purchase, with unlimited plays and no advertisements. Search for new music, create playlists, share songs with friends, and view lyrics and album information.
• Radio: Relax and listen to the music you like with personal radio and programmed stations. Create personal stations based on songs and artists you love, or browse genre stations recommended and tailor-crafted by the Music Hub team. Hear a song you like? Tag it so you can find it later and play it again whenever you want.
• Recommendations: Discover great new music all the time with customized recommendations for songs, artists, albums and radio stations. The more you listen, the better recommendations you’ll get.
• Optimized for Mobile: Music Hub is optimized specifically for your Samsung device. Advanced streaming and downloading options let you save storage space, play music when offline, and cut down on cellular data usage. Audio settings are designed to prolong battery life and ensure smooth streaming even under spotty network coverage.
• Web Player: In addition to the mobile app, users can access their music library and the Music Hub catalog/store online at www.musichub.com. The Web Player allows users the freedom to play their music easily on any PC.
Watch the Music Hub promotional video below. More details on the Music Hub site.