Microsoft unveils stylish new mobile mouse and keyboard. Tries to make a mouse still cool in the age of the touch screen.
Microsoft unveiled the Wedge Touch Mouse and the Wedge Mobile keyboard. Microsoft really cannot let go how we have been using PCs. They try hard to take the physical keyboard and even the mouse into the touchscreen era. Microsoft has Kinect. So the know how to be on the edge. Anyway. If you really have to use a mouse with your tablet (see photo above), than the Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse is a cool choice.
Wedge Touch Mouse
Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse packs full functionality into an ultracompact frame that’s great for a mobile lifestyle. Small enough to fit in your pocket, the Wedge Touch Mouse is designed to complement your Windows experience in all its forms, providing four-way touch scrolling and navigation at your fingertips.
• Its artful and minimalist design also comes free of cables or USB transceivers — you simply turn it on and connect it to your Bluetooth-enabled laptop or tablet for a clutter-free experience.
• It features BlueTrack Technology so you can use it on virtually any surface, whether you’re in a conference room, a coffee shop or at home on your couch.*
• It includes Backpack Mode to power down and sleep along with the computer it’s paired to, extending battery life.
Pricing: estimated retail price of $69.95.
Wedge Mobile Keyboard
The new ultraslim Microsoft Wedge Mobile Keyboard brings full-size keyboard comfort, efficiency and speed to a tablet. Designed specifically for tablet users, Wedge Mobile Keyboard includes some of the most commonly used features, such as Windows Hot Keys and built-in media keys.
• The lightweight design makes it easy to carry, and its full-sized keyset provides a comfortable experience that makes typing a breeze.
• Its durable cover not only helps protect your keyboard from scratches but also quickly converts into a tablet stand. When you’re done using it, simply snap the cover back on the keyboard to power it down before you stash it in your bag.
• Bluetooth technology lets you wirelessly connect to your tablet without a cable or transceiver.
Pricing: estimated retail price of $79.95.