Felix Baumgartner and the Red Bull Stratos Mission prepare for a Sunday launch. Weather forecast still looks good.
Felix Baumgartner was extremely disappointed when the had to cancel the first attempt of his record breaking space jump earlier this week. Now the Red Bull Stratos mission is planning for a launch on Sunday. The problem on Tuesday was a brief strong 40km/h gust of wind near the top of the 230 meters high helium-filled balloon. The gust pushed the balloon to the ground. The team could not risk a launch as the balloon might got damaged.
"When Art told me we were aborting the mission I thought it was a joke," said Baumgartner. "I thought there is no way, that the conditions were not right. I couldn't tell what was happening with the balloon because I was in the capsule. I want this to happen this year. We've made it so far. There's no turning back. We're here, we've got the helium and we're good to go. Whether that's tomorrow or the first day next week, I don't really care."
The Space Jump is scheduled for 6am MDT /12pm GMT. We will cover again the Space Jump live including live video. For now watch a video Red Bull Stratos published from the first launch attempt below and also read Felix Baumgartner's latest tweets.