- Tri-band GSM capability (two variants: 900/1800/1900 MHz and 850/1800/1900 MHz)
- GPRS/EGPRS (EDGE)
- Wireless LAN IEEE 802.11b
- Symbian Operating System 7.0S Platform with J2ME Personal Profile environment
- In-built VGA camera & Multimedia messaging
- Bluetooth audio and data support
- USB connectivity (Nokia Connectivity Cable DKU-2)
- 80 MB of free user memory
- Two color (up to 65k colors) displays with
- 640x200 pixels, Series 80 User Interface
- 128x128 pixels, Series 40 User Interface
- E-mail support: POP3, IMAP,
- Email: IMAP4, POP3, SMTP, SyncML
- Security: SSL/TLS, Ipsec VPN
- Office tool support: documents, spreadsheet, presentations
Nokia announces new Communicator 9500 at 3GSM Show in Cannes.
The Nokia Communicator 9500 is geared towards the enterprise users. Compatible and interoperable with existing IT infrastructures, the Nokia 9500 Communicator supports remote management using over-the-air provisioning, PC tools for device management, and customization capabilities. Data traffic can be effectively secured by a variety of standard Virtual Private Network (VPN) solutions.
The tri-band device supporting E-GPRS (EDGE) and Wi-Fi 802.11b is expected to be available in volume during the fourth quarter of 2004.
The price (unsubsidized) of the Nokia 9500 Communicator is expected to be around €800 in Europe. See also Nokia Press-Release and Nokia Product Page.
Don't Miss: iPhone 8: Everything You Need to Know
Buy Now: Sony PlaysStation VR In Stock Here