PalmOne officially announces the new Treo 650 smart phone.
We reported several times about the new Treo 600 follow-up model over the last months. Now the new Treo is officially announced.
The Treo 650 (see hi-res photo) will be available as either a digital dual-band CDMA/1xRTT or a GSM/GPRS/EDGE quad-band world phone, with pricing to be set by individual carriers.
Summary of new features compared to the Treo 600:
- Vibrant 320 x 320 display is easy to read;
- Non-volatile memory and removable battery;
- Integrated Bluetooth(R) technology for communicating with headsets, car kits, computers and printers equipped with Bluetooth technology;
- Improved camera for better low-light shots, with video-capture capabilities;
- Improved QWERTY backlit keyboard and new design for easier typing;
- For GSM, capability to access EDGE based networks, which deliver incredibly fast data speeds(2);
- Support for direct corporate email access to Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 using palmOne's VersaMail(TM) email software;
- MP3 player(3); and
- Single inbox for text and picture messaging.
TreoCentral already got their hands on a Treo 650. Read their first hand impressions here. More details about the Treo 650 on PalmOne.
Past Treo 650 News:
Treo 650 goes in Mass-Production by HTC
Treo 650 Photos surfaced
Treo 650 compared with Treo 600