Mr. Jae Hong, Lee, Director General of the Korean Ministry of Information and Communications proclaimed at a keynote in Seoul six reasons on why T-DMB is better than DVB-H for mobile digital TV.
The six reasons are:
1. Lower Channel switching time (1.5s versus 5s on DVB-H)
2. No latency through time-slicing
3. 30fps versus just 15fps on DVB-H
4. Not just IP based but also providing for streaming services
5. Using 2Mhz channel requires less power and circuit complexity (DVB-H uses 8Mhz)
6. T-DMB can provide DAB audio at minimum additional cost
If you know six reasons why DVB-H is better than T-DMB please email me. As reported during the World Soccer Cup in Germany a T-DMB trial is supposed to take place bringing game coverage to mobile phone users.
More details on Telekoms Korea (Subscription).
Don't Miss: Super Bowl 2017 Commercials & Advertisers