HP offers a easy to use external DVD Writer.
The HP DVD Movie Writer dc3000 is an external DVD writer with built-in analog video capture.
It lets you directly transfer home video directly from tape (via camcorder or VCR) to digital format on your PC and to DVD+R/+RW discs.
It provides a suite of software to enable video editing along with photo, music and data applications, and it lets you write and read CD-R and CD-RW discs as well as DVD+R/+RW.
The HP DVD Movie Writer dc3000 sells for $399.00 at Amazon.com.
More DVD Recorders under $500
Plextor PX-708A DVD Writer Drive Review - Fastest on the Market
New Panasonic DVD-RAM and VHS ALL-IN-ONE Recorder
HP DVD Movie Writer dc3000 Features:
Don't Miss: Today's Electronics Bargains at Woot.com
- Interface: Host: USB 2.0; Video: S-Video, Composite; Audio input: Stereo
- Form factor: External
- DVD Read speed: 8x
- DVD Write speed: 4x
- DVD Rewrite speed: 2.4x
- CD Read speed: 40x
- CD Write speed: 16x
- CD Rewrite speed: 10x
- Buffer size (cache): 2 MB
- Access time (milliseconds): 125 milliseconds average random access (CD-R0M), 200 milliseconds average full-stroke access (CD-ROM)
- Writing methods: Track at once, disc at once, (CD-RW and CD-R), Random Access Write (DVD+RW), Sequential Write (DVD+R, +RW), Multisession (DVD+R)
- Encoding Method: UDF 1.02, ISO 9660, CD-DA
- Logical Recording Format: EFM, EFM Plus
- MTBF (hours): Information not available
- Loading mechanism: Tray
- Media compatibility: CD-R, CD-RW, DVD+RW, DVD+R media
- Readable disc formats: DVD-ROM, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD Video, CD-R, CD-RW, CD-DA, CD Extra, CD-ROM (Mode 1-Yellow Book), CD-ROM XA and CD-I (Mode 2/Form 2-Green Book) CD-Bridge and Photo-CD (single and multi-session), CD-Video
- Video Standards: PAL, NTSC, SECAM
- Compatibility: PC
- Processor: 800 MHz Intel Pentium III processor or equivalent (minimum)
- Operating system: Windows XP or 2000 Professional SP2 or later
- Required system RAM (MB): 128 MB (256 MB recommended)
- Hard disk space: 550 MB for included software, 10 GB for DVD video disc creation
- Available port: USB interface and drivers required by your operating system. Note that USB 1.1 speeds will be slower than USB 2.0 speeds
- Additional requirements: 1024 by 768 video resolution with a minimum of 16-bit color required for video capture, authoring, & editing, USB interface, Internet connectivity recommended
- Software: HP Video Transfer Wizard: for easy, unattended transfer; ArcSoft ShowBiz 2: for video capture, authoring, and editing; muvee autoProducer DVD Edition: for automated video editing; Veritas RecordNow: for creating music and data discs; Simple Backup: for data backup; CyberLink PowerDVD: for DVD playback.
Save Money When Buying Gadgets!
Gadget Girls HOT Or NOT?