UK Mobile Gaming Overthrows Ringtones

Posted: Jun 5 2007, 3:00am CDT | by , Updated: Aug 11 2010, 2:10am CDT, in News | Mobile Phones

 
UK mobile gaming overthrows ringtones
/* Story Top Left 2010 300x250, created 7/15/10 */ google_ad_slot = "8340327155";

Don't Miss: This How to find Fingerlings in Stock

For the first time ever, March saw monthly sales figures of mobile gaming exceeding those of ringtones in the United Kingdom, according to a GfK M2 report. Though it has yet to receive a significant amount of coverage in media outlets, mobile gaming is making its mark in the industry.

In March, over £83 million was spent on mobile games, compared to £76 million for ringtones. Even more surprising is how well mobile games are outselling music downloads. Cell phone-powered music downloads only raked in about £23 million during March.Mobile video spending for the month was around £11 million, with cell phone wallpapers just behind it at £10 million. The operators themselves account for about 90% of all mobile games. The other 10% would be, for example, if you buy a mobile game online and then download it to your cell phone.

This is also significant because of the constant growth seen in this market. It seems like a hot time to get into mobile gaming.

Full story

Holiday Gift Guides and Deals

Get your Holiday gifting inspired by Best Toy Gifts with High STEM Value and the Top 10 toy gifts under $10 if you are on budget. The most popular Holiday 2017 toy list include Fingerlings, Crate Creatures and more. Don't miss the new Holiday deals on Amazon Devices, including $29.99 Fire tablet.

This story may contain affiliate links.

This free App Solves You Holiday Shopping Problem


Download the free Tracker app now to get in-stock alerts on Fingerling, Luvabella, SNES Classic and more.

Latest News

Comments

The Author

<a href="/latest_stories/all/all/2" rel="author">Luigi Lugmayr</a>
Luigi Lugmayr () is the founding chief Editor of I4U News and brings over 15 years experience in the technology field to the ever evolving and exciting world of gadgets. He started I4U News back in 2000 and evolved it into vibrant technology magazine.
Luigi can be contacted directly at ml@i4u.com.

 

 

Advertisement

comments powered by Disqus