Microsoft announced at the E3 Media & Business Summit 2007 the video game line-up for the Xbox 360 that will be available this Holiday shopping season.
The highlights of the new Xbox 360 games include Halo 3, Grand Theft Auto IV, Madden NFL 08 and Rock Band. See more games and details below.Xbox 360 Holiday Game Line-up:
Don't Miss: Today's Best Deals on Amazon.com
• “Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation” (NAMCO BANDAI Games). “Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation” takes players up to the sky and into the heat of realistic air combat with next-generation audio and visual effects and online multiplayer action.* Available this holiday, only on Xbox 360.
• “Assassin’s Creed” (Ubisoft). “Assassin’s Creed” is the next-generation game developed by Ubisoft that merges technology, game design, theme and emotions into a world where players will assume the role of the main character, Altair, and will have the power to throw their immediate environment into chaos and experience the art of a master assassin. Available this November.
• “Beautiful Katamari” (NAMCO BANDAI Games). Marking the debut of Namco’s beloved ball-rolling puzzle game on a next-generation platform, “Beautiful Katamari,” the fourth installment of the “Katamari” series, features levels of quirkiness, cosmic animations and musical stylings never seen before. Available this October.
• “BioShock” (2K Games). “BioShock” is the “genetically enhanced” first-person shooter set in the ruined undersea metropolis of Rapture. Available this August, only on Xbox 360 and Windows®.
• “Blue Dragon” (Mistwalker/Artoon Co. Ltd.). From famed game producer Hironobu Sakaguchi comes “Blue Dragon™,” a unique, epic role-playing game. Available Aug. 28, only on Xbox 360.
• “Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare” (Activision). The new action thriller from the award-winning team at Infinity Ward Inc., “Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare” delivers the most intense and cinematic action experience ever. The epic title also delivers an added depth of multiplayer action providing online fans an all-new community of persistence, addictive and customizable gameplay. Available this fall.
• “Dance Dance Revolution UNIVERSE™ 2” (Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.). The series’ encore performance on Xbox 360 delivers new gameplay options along with a mix of songs from the 1970s, ’80s, ’90s and today as well as online play, downloadable music, enhanced graphics and accessibility for players of all ages.
• “Grand Theft Auto IV” (Rockstar Games). “Grand Theft Auto IV” is the next chapter of the award-winning “Grand Theft Auto” franchise, available Oct.16. “Grand Theft Auto IV” will feature episodic content through Xbox LIVE exclusive to Xbox 360.
• “Guitar Hero III™: Legends of Rock” (RedOctane/Activision). Fire up the fret board, crank up the amp and get ready to rock out on the new wireless Les Paul guitar controllers. “Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock” includes star-studded tracks by such legendary artists as Guns N’ Roses, The Rolling Stones, Beastie Boys, Muse and Pearl Jam. Available this fall.
• “Halo 3” (Bungie Studios). The epic saga continues with “Halo 3,” the hugely anticipated sequel to the critically acclaimed “Halo 2.” Available Sept. 25, only on Xbox 360.
• “Madden NFL 08” (Electronic Arts Inc.). EA’s unstoppable football franchise returns for the ’08 season in Hall of Fame fashion, featuring new players, modes, rosters and rewards to create the ultimate touchdown for pigskin fans. Available this August.
• “Mass Effect” (BioWare Corp.). An epic science-fiction action and role-playing game, “Mass Effect” will deliver an immersive, story-driven experience presented in a cinematic style with high production values. Available this holiday season, only on Xbox 360.
• “Naruto: Rise of a Ninja” (Ubisoft). Relive the hit anime and manga and experience Naruto’s transformation from noisy ninja-academy dropout to respected ninja. Available in October, only on Xbox 360.
• “Project Gotham Racing 4” (Bizarre Creations Ltd.). “Project Gotham Racing® 4” will redefine the acclaimed “PGR®” franchise by delivering a unique, exciting racing experience complete with motorcycles and cars. Available this September, only on Xbox 360.
• “Rock Band” (MTV Games). “Rock Band” will allow gamers to perform music from the world’s biggest rock artists with their friends as a virtual band. Available this holiday season.
• “Scene It? Lights, Camera, Action” (Screenlife Games/WXP). “Scene It?” brings the fun of movie trivia to players of all ages with new movie clips in high definition as well as five new puzzle challenges never before shown in a “Scene It?” game. It also ships with four new Xbox 360 Big Button Pads and will be available this holiday season, only on Xbox 360.
• “Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Conviction” (Ubisoft). In the latest installment of Tom Clancy’s coveted “Splinter Cell” franchise, players will experience an adrenaline rush of gameplay where hunted down as a fugitive, you have no choice other than using everything in your environment to survive. Available this holiday.
• “Virtua Fighter™ 5” (SEGA). This new installment in the critically acclaimed series brings intense, arcade fighting action, an all-star cast of 17 fighters and, a next-generation first for the franchise, online two-player versus mode only on Xbox LIVE.
• “Viva Piñata®: Party Animals” (Krome Studios Pty. Ltd.). An exciting new party game based on the critically acclaimed Xbox 360 exclusive and hit animated TV series, “Viva Piñata: Party Animals” brings back the familiar piñata animals and invites players to compete in a host of mini-games against friends at home or over Xbox LIVE.* Available this holiday season, only on Xbox 360.
More E3 2007 News.