The Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition becomes each year a bigger online event. Sports Illustrated has taken their Swimsuit 2013 edition to a new level. The models are pushed on every channel including online, print, tablet, mobile and TV. Kate Upton is again on the cover of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2013 issue and now the online release of the 2013 Sports Illustrated Swim Suit Edition is online. Watch videos and photos of 17 models including of course Kate Upton.
The Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2013 Edition has been released online as of 6pm ET last night. Sports Illustrated grew the annual Swimsuit magazine edition into a huge media event. The first Swimsuit edition was over 50 years ago. Now it is one of the biggest, maybe even the biggest annual feature of a print magazine. On Friday it was already revealed that Kate Upton is the Sports Illustrated Cover model again. She also was on the cover last year.
Don't Miss: Today's Electronics Bargains at Woot.com
The Swimsuit 2013 Edition is available on newsstands and on digital platforms now, the story of breathtaking SI Swimsuit models in equally beautiful locations around the world, including the red-hot cover shot of Kate Upton in Antarctica, provides fans access to over 650 high resolution images and more than two hours of high definition video.
Kate Upton, a 20-year-old Melbourne, Fla. native, is the first back-to-back SI Swimsuit model to appear on the cover since Tyra Banks (1996, 1997) and joins Elle Macpherson (1986, 1987, 1988), Christie Brinkley (1980,1981) and Paulina Porizkova (1984, 1985) in the elite group of women who’ve appeared by themselves on the coveted cover in back-to-back years.
“Kate Upton joins the legacy of repeat cover models that have risen to international stardom from appearing on the cover of our iconic brand,” said MJ Day, senior editor of SI Swimsuit. “Adding to her legacy is the historic nature of SI Swimsuit 2013—we shot on all seven continents, including the first-ever fashion shoot in Antarctica, where the beautiful images of Kate transcend photography, making it a great choice for the cover and all of the digital Swimsuit platforms.”
The 220-page magazine features spreads of Swimsuit models in all seven continents, including four new Swimsuit model rookies, body paint in the Bahamas and four world class athletes. The magazine also includes essays on each of the exotic locations by SI editors and writers.
New for the SI Swimsuit multiplatform effort include: a tablet edition and mobile app with more than 150 high resolution photos and over 75 high definition videos; a rebuilt website with a fully liquid homepage and supercharged with scrollable photo galleries and videos from each location shoot; Swim Daily, a new daily destination for Swimsuit news, photos, interviews and videos; a live show on Si.com leading up to a spectacular live projection mapping event; three Google+ Hangouts; and a Travel Channel special on Feb. 17 at 8:00 p.m.
SI Swimsuit 2013 multiplatform content:
The locations and models for Swimsuit 2013 included:
- Antarctica: Kate Upton (3rd Swimsuit Appearance)
- Australia: Genevieve Morton (4), Alyssa Miller (3), Nina Agdal (2), and Natasha Barnard (Rookie)
- Chile: Chrissy Teigen (4), Jessica Perez (2) and Kate Bock (Rookie)
- China: Anne V (9), Jessica Gomes (6) and Hannah Davis (Rookie)
- Namibia: Cintia Dicker (5), Adaora (2), and Emily Didonato (Rookie)
- Spain: Irina Shayk (2011 cover model and 7th appearance), Julie Henderson (7), and Ariel Meredith (3)
Kate Upton, Anne V, Chrissy Teigen, Alyssa Miller, Ariel Meredith and Nina Agdal are also featured in recreations of classic Swimsuit covers in the famous body paint section, which was shot on the sandy beaches of the Bahamas.
Overnight sensation Katherine Webb, making her first SI Swimsuit appearance, was shot in New York City. In addition, this year’s Swimsuit continues the tradition of featuring world class athletes, as pro surfer Alana Blanchard, Australian hurdler Michelle Jenneke and Dutch field hockey players Eva De Goede and Ellen Hoog were photographed in Las Vegas.
Sports Illustrated will launch the 2013 issue with a destination-wide celebration Feb. 12 to Feb. 15. The Launch week schedule includes:
- SI Swimsuit Launch Party hosted by Crimson in New York City: A party for SI Swimsuit partners, media and VIP guests to be attended by the 2013 Swimsuit models prior to jetting off to Las Vegas. Celebration begins at 5:00 p.m. on Feb. 12.
- SI Swimsuit Live Projection Mapping Event hosted by Caesar’s Palace: If you’re near Caesar’s Palace (or a computer) on Feb. 13 at 11 p.m. Eastern, prepare to have your mind blown. An SI Swimsuit sizzle reel will be beamed onto the hotel’s facade, which will—thanks to the magic of projection mapping—be animated in 3-D. If you’re not in Las Vegas, the event will be streamed live at SI.com/swimprojection, as well as people.com, ew.com and the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit YouTube channel.
- SI Swimsuit on Location hosted by MARQUEE Nightclub at The Cosmopolitan, Las Vegas: The SI Swimsuit launch week event will feature the 2013 Swimsuit models and bring to life all of the beautiful and exotic shoot locations from the 2013 SI Swimsuit issue in a marquee and exclusive nightclub setting. Event begins at 9:00 p.m. on Feb. 13.
- Club SI Swimsuit hosted by 1OAK Nightclub at The Mirage, Las Vegas: This annual event features a main stage reveal of the 2013 Swimsuit models, and a super powered performance from an A-list performer. Club SI Swimsuit begins at 9:00 p.m. on Feb. 14.
- SI Swimsuit Overtime hosted by The Bank Nightclub at Bellagio, Las Vegas: This by-invitation-only event is the final celebration of Swimsuit launch week in Las Vegas. The event begins at midnight on Feb. 15.
Now you can enjoy photos and videos of the 17 swimsuit models in shoots on all seven continents including Kate Upton here or watch the trailer below.