Google has sent an email notification to its Maps users announcing that Google+ Local app for iOS will be retired on August 7, 2013. Yet all features of this Yelp like local business and entertainment search app will be available on Google Maps iOS app.
Google is going to kill yet another app and this time its iOS turn. Google+ Local iOS app will be closed on August 7th. It's a location-based search app like Yelp used to discover dining, shopping and entertainment options. This app was launched in January 2011 by the name of Google Places which was changed to Google+ Location after a year in July 2012. Now after another year of re-branding the app, its closure is announced.
Don't Miss: Win a FREE Nintendo Switch in our Giveaway
Yet Google announced that all of the closed app features will be available in the iOS app of Google Maps. The email sent to Maps users posted by 9to5Mac that shows following features will be available on Google Maps for iOS:
- Search by categories of places, like “restaurants” or “coffee shops”
- Read place information, including written reviews, average price, address and Street View (where available)
- See what people in your Google+ circles have to say about their favorite places around the world
- Rate and review places you’ve been to
- Share places, locations and businesses you find