Joint pain is a very debilitating problem that some people put up with to their detriment. But a solution is possible and for that you have to consult the treasury of remedies, both medical and home-based.
Usually when people enter their 50s, they start encountering aches and pains not to mention stiffness and swelling around certain tender areas of their physiques.
Don't Miss: Today's Best Deals on Amazon.com
The joints, in particular those of the knees, hips and shoulders suffer the most in this regard. The cartilage surrounding them deteriorates with advancing age and the individual is left in a lurch as far as ordinary day-to-day tasks are concerned.
Even relationships with family and friends become difficult due to the joint pain which is frankly speaking insufferable. But there are remedies at hand.
Nature is a great healer and so is the allopathic medical establishment despite its bad reputation in this age of total revolution. The joint pain problems may be due to depression, fibromyalgia and arthritis not to mention bursitis and obesity.
- When the weight of a person exceeds a certain limit there will obviously be a lot more pressure on the joints. The only way of allaying this cause of joint pain is to lose those extra pounds.
- Exercise ought to be mild to moderate. Swimming and cycling are the best.
- And a reasonable, balanced diet is ideal.
- Next, depression causes strange irritabilities to arise throughout the body. Lethargy and an overall malaise affect the depressed individual. Taking a mild anti-depressant before going to sleep at night may reduce symptoms.
- Also, massaging the area around the affected joints with olive oil is helpful.
- As for those with fibromyalgia (which is often paired with depression) certain non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are suitable. Aspirin, Ibuprofen as well as Celebrex are the most effective at reducing the pain due to this quirky viral disease.
- And rest, ice, compression and elevation have been age old remedies. It has an acronym: R.I.C.E. You take naps and bed rest. And you should apply ice to the joints for 15 minutes several times a day.
- Finally you compress the joints with an elastic wrap and elevate the effected area above heart level.
- There are other things you can apply to the joints such as heated vinegar before going to sleep.
- Then eating garlic cloves fried in butter is good too.
- Bananas are a fruit that supplies nutrients that end joint pain as well.
- And last but not least there is glucosamine which works for some.
Try all these nostrums and you will find your ailment vanish into thin air with the passage of time.