60 Minutes' Lara Logan Returns to CBS News after 6 Months After Forced Leave of Absence
After being put on a leave of absence over an inaccurate report, 60 Minutes correspondent Lara Logan is finally back at CBS News. The report behind this was about an attack of the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, that killed four Americans and so far the 43-year-old South African TV reporter has made no comments on this situation. Without elaborating on anything else, Logan is back to work as reported by a CBS News rep.
Don't Miss: Win a FREE Nintendo Switch in our Giveaway
Back in 2013, on October 27, Logan had anchored a 60 Minutes episode about the 2012 attack, which killed the U.S. ambassador to Libya and three other Americans. This report had made use of the information from a security official who said he witnessed it and decided to pen it all down in a form of a book. It was later discovered by CBS News that the accounts he had given to the FBI were quite different than what he had penned down. The report went on-air and Logan later had to apologize for it being faulty and also on air. A month after the report was aired, she and a producer were ordered to take a leave of absence.
Lara Logan, a mother of two, has always made the headlines in some way or the other. In 2011, she reported being sexually assaulted violently while on assignment in Egypt by a mob celebrating the resignation of President Hosni Mubarak. This is one of the examples of how female reporters go through such treatments in war zones. "And I thought, when I thought I am going to die here, my next thought was, I can't believe I just let them kill me, that that was as much fight as I had. That I just gave in and I gave up on my children so easily, how could you do that?" she said.