“Star Wars” Han Solo, Harrison Ford, has suffered an ankle injury on the set of “Star Wars: Episode VII” on June 12th and he might need a plate and screws to fix his ankle. But the filming of Star Wars will continue while Ford could have 6-8 of his shooting scenes delayed.
Harrison Ford's ankle injury on the set of “Star Wars: Episode VII” could cost film makers millions of pounds.
Don't Miss: The hottest Apple Rumors for 2017
The 71-year-old actor got his ankle injured on Thursday while filming for the movie. He was immediately sent to a British hospital.
Harrison’s son, Ben Ford, told Access Hollywood that his dad might need "a plate and screws" to fix his injured ankle.
Ben Ford also said that the filming of J.J. Abrams' movie, “Star Wars: Episode VII,” might be "altered slightly" as his dad will need a few weeks to recover.
According to another report from the Mirror, Harrison Ford will miss "eight weeks of filming" and Star Wars heads are rescheduling the filming of “Star Wars: Episode VII”.
The Disney/Lucas film issued a statement after Ford’s ankle injury last week.
The statement said, “Harrison Ford sustained an ankle injury during filming today on the set of ‘Star Wars: Episode VII. He was taken to a local hospital and is receiving care. Shooting will continue as per plan while he recuperates.”
Doctors said that Ford only has a broken ankle. The actor has no pelvic injury. And his wife, Calista Flockhart, is also coming to the UK to take care of her husband.
Meanwhile, a “Star Wars” game is also set to launch on the same date of December 18th, 2015 when the "Star Wars: Episode VII" movie will hit theaters.
"Star Wars: Battlefront" is a game based not only on the 'models, props and environments used in the movie but "the emotions they invoke as well."'
Lucas Film's "Battlefield" franchise is working on the custodians of "Star Wars: Battlefront" at EA's Swedish studio DICE. A two minute teaser on the making of this game has already been shown during a press conference at E3 2014.
Watch the official teaser trailer of "Star Wars: Battlefront".
"We at DICE are hard at work creating the best Star Wars shooter of all time, to carry that legacy into the future with Star Wars Battlefront," wrote design director Niklas Fegraeus on EA's Star Wars blog.
"For us, this is just the beginning of a new adventure, and we are looking forward to showing you more in the spring of 2015."
Watch the E3 2014 teaser video of "Star Wars: Battlefront"