iPhone is a spectacular smart phone with state of the art technology and the processor which runs it. Still, some users find it difficult to easily operate their phones. Most of the users of old iPhones face the problem of slow processing. The normally find the interface very nippy and the applications take extra time to load.
This problem might have triggered when the iPhone users installed the iOS 7 update. That is not a problem at all, as there are so many easy techniques that can make our phone run faster.
Don't Miss: Find a Nintendo Switch in stock online
Following are some of the techniques to easily speed up your iPhone:
- Close Applications running in the Background – Most of the applications that we think are closed are actually running in the background. This adds to the load of processing and eventually slows down your iPhone. Therefore, shut down all the applications that are running unnecessarily in the background. You can do this by double pressing the Home button and close the apps one by one by tapping on the cross sign.
- Reallocate your phone Memory – The iPhones as yet doesn’t support the reallocation of memory feature but it is becoming important for older iPhones which have very less memory which results in low performance speed. You can do this by downloading the free Battery Saver app. The app will tell if you are running low on memory or not. If you are running low on memory, then the app can reallocate your phone memory by just tapping on the Reallocate memory option. The app will then do the needful automatically.
- Clear your Cookies of the Browser – Clearing the cookies of the browser can also speed up your phone. In order to do this, go to your phone settings, scroll down to reach Safari, and select clear cookies, clear history and clear data options. By doing this you will lose your history URL’s but in return, your phone will speed up.
- Restarting your iPhone – If your iPhone is performing slowly, then restarting it is not a bad idea at all. Just press and hold the sleep button which is located at top right of your iPhone. Swipe the screen when asked and wait until the phone is properly shut down. Wait about a few more seconds and restart it by pressing and holding the same top right button. The phone will boot up and hopefully perform better than before.
- Deleting Text Messages – As the speed of the phone is dependent on the memory, so free as much space as you can from the memory. Text messages sometimes are stored to capacity. Therefore, delete them by selecting all the messages if you don’t need them.
- Delete unnecessary songs, pictures, and videos – Please note that songs, pictures, and videos especially take a lot of memory space. If you have unwanted songs, pictures, and videos, then deleting them would definitely speed up your phone. You can do the needful by going in to the music app, video app, and camera app one by one.
Nothing is impossible when it comes to anything related to Apple’s products. You just name it and Apple will serve you with the best possible solutions regarding any of its products. Similarly, speeding up an iPhone is not a big deal to do. There are several ways which you can do to do the needful. Trying just a basic few techniques could make your phone as good as a new one.