Super Bowl 2015 Ticket Prices Nearly Match Those Of Super Bowl 2014

Posted: Dec 30 2014, 7:08pm CST | by , in News | Super Bowl

 

This story may contain affiliate links.

Super Bowl 2015 Ticket Prices Nearly Match Those of Super Bowl 2014
Photo Credit: Getty Images
  • Average ticket prices for Super Bowl 2015 is $3,350.
  • For Super Bowl 2014, it was $3,375.
  • Super Bowl 2015 will be on Feb. 1 in Glendale, Ariz.

Don't Miss: This How to find Fingerlings in Stock

According to SBTickets.com, the average ticket price for Super Bowl XLIX is $3,350. This is nearly identical to that for Super Bowl XLVIII, which was $3,375.

The average ticket price for Super Bowl XLIX is nearly identical to that for Super Bowl XLVIII.

According to SBTickets.com, you have to have at least $3,350 in order to watch the big game on Feb. 1, 2015. If you were fortunate enough to buy a ticket for last season's Super Bowl XLVIII between the Seattle Seahawks and Denver Broncos for at least $3,375, you should be in good shape.

The face value of a solitary ticket is between $800 and $1,5000, per SBTickets.com. For Super Bowl XLIX, which will be played at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale (capacity: 71,000), some tickets' face value is $2,000. The website lists suite tickets, which sell for $18,000 each, as the most expensive. The cheapest ones are upper level endzone tickets, which sell for $2,000.

The NFL does sell tickets, but they are limited to 1,000 to 2,000 pairs. SBTickets.com notes roughly 75 percent of Super Bowl tickets go to the league before they are given out to the different NFL teams. The remaining 25 percent are given to the companies which include "NFL affiliates, corporate sponsors, media VIPs, charities and fans," per SBTickets.com.

The easiest way to buy tickets would be to get those inside a zone. By doing this, fans are assured a certain block of sections where their seats "will be located at the lowest price compared to assigned seating," per SBTickets.com. Demand for tickets dramatically goes up once the NFL divisional playoff game schedule is announced. Because of this, fans are advised to purchase tickets a month or two in advance.

Aside from this, Forbes.com's Jesse Lawrence stresses demand for Super Bowl tickets also depends on who the protagonists will be for the big game. He also foresees Super Bowl ticket prices dropping, even if it is a rematch between the Seahawks and Broncos.

Lawrence considers the New England Patriots, Pittsburgh Steelers, Green Bay Packers and Dallas Cowboys as the biggest draws for Super Bowl XLIX. He points out Packers and Steelers fans are well-known for covering significant mileage to watch their respective teams. Hence, demand would most likely go up if either or both teams end up in the Super Bowl. If the latter scenario would happen, it would be a rematch of Super Bowl XLV, which Green Bay won.

Nonetheless, Lawrence predicts Super Bowl XLIX tickets would be at their most expensive if the Cowboys manage to make it. He cites two reasons for this: First, Dallas has not made a Super Bowl appearance since 1996. This makes the buildup even more intense. Second, a trip from Dallas to Glendale, Ariz. is relatively short compared to that fans from the East Coast would have to make. This scenario has heaps of Cowboys fans packing the University of Phoenix Stadium on Feb. 1.

And what about the hometown Arizona Cardinals? Sure, that would garner excitement as well, but Lawrence notes the Cardinals are a small-market team which does not have enough drawing power to increase Super Bowl ticket prices.

For those fans who cannot afford to watch Super Bowl XLIX live, they can opt to attend the Super Bowl party scene leading up to the big game. For instance, Lawrence says in a separate update that a general admission pass to the Rolling Stones concert for the game is priced at $900.

SBTickets.com normally delivers purchases within one to two weeks. The website does not impose any additional fees on tickets it sells.

For more of the hottest sports news, log on to Sport Balla today.

Holiday Gift Guides and Deals

Get your Holiday gifting inspired by Best Toy Gifts with High STEM Value and the Top 10 toy gifts under $10 if you are on budget. The most popular Holiday 2017 toy list include Fingerlings, Crate Creatures and more. Don't miss the new Holiday deals on Amazon Devices, including $29.99 Fire tablet.

This story may contain affiliate links.

This free App Solves You Holiday Shopping Problem


Download the free Tracker app now to get in-stock alerts on Fingerling, Luvabella, SNES Classic and more.

Latest News

Comments

The Author


Poch de la Rosa follows all major U.S. sports: NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL and the NCAA. His favorite teams are the Colts, Braves, Pacers, Sharks and Irish, respectively.

 

 

Advertisement

comments powered by Disqus